Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #11
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Before you get your hopes up you may want to contact HB midwives in your area, previous hemorrhage may disqualify you. I looked into HB for my daughter and found it would probably not be best for me.

During DS birthing time I ended up with pit and an epi. I had retained placenta and hemorrhaging that required a general anesthesia manual removal.

With DD I went natural and still had a retained placenta and a small hemorrhage. I was able to handle the manual removal awake

I nursed them both right after birth while waiting for the placenta to no avail. My midwife said that some people are just predisposed for that type of complication.

Sent from my DROID2 using DS Forum

Advertisement

Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #12
zak
Registered Users
seller

Re: Question about homebirth (long, sorry!)....

Home birth is definitely worth considering! The "management" of your labor would be so different.

I have had one of mine in a FSBC and the other three at home. I always have a tough time getting the placenta out, but we always manage without pulling and tugging.
zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #13
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first birthing experience was at a hospital and it was horrible. Induced with pit, pushed epi, episiotomy without asking, and DS was 7 lbs.2 oz. My second was a hospital birth and I loved my Dr. and she was fond of me and DS It was a better experience but I wanted to leave ASAP and didn't want DD leaving my sight.
My 3rd was a homebirth and I loved my MW. She has more herbal care products and uses cayenne pepper for hemmoraging. Taking it orally stops hemmoraging, I havent researched it but she has awesome stories of it working. She would pray over me during labor and pushing and it made the atmosphere so peaceful. If there was any type of emergency I felt confident she would be able to handle it or know when to go to the hospital. I had DD2 an hour and half after she arrived. We let the cord finish pulsating and no rush to deliver the placenta. She asked me about 30 min. after DD was born if I felt I could push it out yet.
My MW stayed for about 3 1/2 hrs. after, I had a small tear and we debated whether to go to the hospital to get it stitched. I decided to just pray and let it heal, she gave me some tips(keeping my legs together, cleaning well). It healed perfectly She came back after 2 days because she had another birth the next day but she called a couple times and I could always call her with questions. She visited a week after also to check me and baby.
I am having a homebirth for this pregnancy also. I'm going to the OB for prenatal care just because I had a miscarriage a month before this pregnancy and I want to find out the gender. I went at 8 wks and just had an ultra sound to see how far along I was. My next appt is 16 wks. And I've already had a lot of urges not to go.
I have considered an unassisted birth this time around. We are looking into it
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #14
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also think your hemmoraging was due to them pulling the placenta out

Last edited by mommycass; 07-28-2012 at 08:18 PM.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Just to note, I did have a small tear with one of my homebirths and my midwife was able to give me the 2 stitches needed right there in my room. I didn't have to go anywhere and have it done by an OB. I think whether or not a midwife can do this depends on what kind of license they have and what state you are in, so it is definitely something to ask when you interview.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #16
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I didnt read all the responses. . .

My homebirth was my 5th baby and a VBAC. I believe the key to a successful homebirth is to have complete trust in your midwifery team. I found an amazing midwife who knew what to do in not just "nomal" births, but abnormal (as in a lil different then textbook) as well. After my DS was born after a few minutes she said I was loosing more blood then she would like and she gave me pitocin. I think its common with Moms of many to need, I am thankful to have had a midwife who knows that. A good midwife knows when its time to act and even go to the hospital without fear. My midwife was 100% about my and my babys saftey. Were planning our next birth with her as well which will be a VBA2C. And Im 100% confident in her for my care. Find a good team is my #1 advice.

Sent from my C771 using DS Forum excuse any typos. My phone isnt as smart as it thinks it is.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote