Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Pregnancy After Loss Thread (Aug 2-15th)

This is a thread for those of us who have lost babies and are pregnant again.

Advertisement

Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss Thread (Aug 2-15th)

Subbing.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
brookglen
Registered Users

Woah, squeaky clean new thread!

Um, today I am officially in the second trimester! It's kind of real now.

Last night I had a miscarriage dream. It was so real and horrible. I wonder if it's somehow connected to me moving on to the next trimester.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
abhernandez
Registered Users

Perhaps it was a good bye and good riddance dream to all those scary first tri worries! They can't catch you now! But in all seriousness, the closer I get to the second tri, the more my anxiety rises. Its like this seemingly impossible forever far away hurdle and now it's so close... It doesn't feel like it can be really real.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
Perhaps it was a good bye and good riddance dream to all those scary first tri worries! They can't catch you now! But in all seriousness, the closer I get to the second tri, the more my anxiety rises. Its like this seemingly impossible forever far away hurdle and now it's so close... It doesn't feel like it can be really real.
I'm so stoked or you, lady. I can't imagine overcoming the emotional and mental hurdles you've had to to get to this point. You deserve to have an uneventful and exciting pregnancy.

Have you told your family yet?
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had the unhapy realization that if I miscarry I will have been pregnant for over a year with no live babies to show for it. Right now it will be a minimum of 57 total weeks. I dont even want to process that.

I am so glad you guys are so close to that mark!!!! In the next 2-4 weeks I will be in my critical time. I Probably wont feel better until or if I feel the baby move a lot. We will see. Alice, I am really close to your dates
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
ChocolateMoose
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
Woah, squeaky clean new thread!

Um, today I am officially in the second trimester! It's kind of real now.

Last night I had a miscarriage dream. It was so real and horrible. I wonder if it's somehow connected to me moving on to the next trimester.
for second trimester!

I had a bad m/c dream last night too...and I was thinking right before bed about how I'm only 6 weeks away from delivery. I really do think it must be those stupid subconcious insecurities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
I had the unhapy realization that if I miscarry I will have been pregnant for over a year with no live babies to show for it. Right now it will be a minimum of 57 total weeks. I dont even want to process that.

I am so glad you guys are so close to that mark!!!! In the next 2-4 weeks I will be in my critical time. I Probably wont feel better until or if I feel the baby move a lot. We will see. Alice, I am really close to your dates

I've had those same thoughts. Being pregnant is hard enough, but I think going through it again with no assurance (or confidence?) that it will result in a baby to take home takes some serious guts! At least that's what I tell myself when I start to think I'm going crazy!

I'm almost to the end of this pregnancy and I still have nightmares, and stop to do kick counts, and haven't finalized baby names. I actually look forward to those kicks that hurt because it's like baby saying "I'm here and I'm strong"!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
ChocolateMoose
Registered Users
seller

Okay, we haven't talked about baby names much, mainly because with 16 nieces and nephews, 24 cousins, and both of us being former teachers...there are a LOT of names we can't/won't use. But now I'm starting to think it might be a good idea not to be debating the subject in the delivery room again, so tell me what you think...

Middle names are set....John for a boy, Hope for a girl. First names are a problem.

The issue with the girl's first name is that DH likes "Rose" but all our other kids have 2-3 syllable first names, 1 syllable middle names, and 2 syllable last name. We talked about adding another syllable, like "Rosalie" or "Rosie" but he likes "Rose". And I'm just going to admit that I think part of the reason he likes it (and I don't) is because he mentioned it to his (CRAZY) family and they loved it. Yes, I'm bad. I really like the name Alice, but DH wants to do Alison (which I'm against). He finally said he just likes the nickname Ally....and I really like the meaning of Alice, but I'm not attached to the pronounciation....so I'm thinking maybe going with "Alyse" (which is pronounced like Elise, but is the 15th century spelling of Alice, so I get the meaning, and can be shortened to Ally). Am I just stretching this too far? I'm not a "make up baby names" kind of person....the other girls all have very traditional "old people" names...but I do like the romance of "Elise" and the strength of "Alice". Does Alyse seem too weird or modern? Should I stick with Alice and we can shorten that?

For a boy, I really wanted to name him Henry, because the baby will most likely be born on my grandfather (who raised me) 85th birthday. His name is Richard Harry....but my brother and nephew are both Richard, and I can't bring myself to use Harry, so I thought Henry would be good. Unfortunately, my family (and DH) all think that my grandfather won't believe the baby is named after him if it isn't EXACTLY one of his names...and I can't bring myself to use either name. DH and I both like Andrew, which when combined with John means "God is Gracious to Man"....which honestly after the 4 miscarriages I think would be really perfect....except that now there are expectations that if baby is a boy we're going to name him after my grandfather!

And now you know why I delay choosing baby names!

Someone please just tell me I'm not an awful grandchild for naming my son what I want, even though I love my grandfather, and I'm not totally weird for wanting a daughter with a romantic sounding name with a good meaning?

Last edited by ChocolateMoose; 08-02-2012 at 03:13 PM.
ChocolateMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
ChocolateMoose
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
You're so close!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #10
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thursday is my ticker-moving day, and I got to move into a new color today. Later in this same color, I will pass my first somewhat scary milestone - the day that my water broke last time. Then two more milestones after that.

But right now, one day at a time. I'm pregnant today. I'm thankful today. I'm praying I'm still pregnant tomorrow. Then when tomorrow comes, I'll be thankful tomorrow, too.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote