Bright red blood then nothing!...need advice/encouragement
No baby for me yet! Yesterday I was on the toilet and noticed bright red blood in the toilet (after having passed a lot of bloody show earlier that was browner) I immediately freaked out and called the doula. She suggested just to go into L&D and get checked. We got the neighbor over to watch the girls and left immediately. I had been checked on Monday and was at 4cm, 100 %...last night I was 5 and the dr said he'd rather I stay in the hospital since I was 5. I asked if I could just go home because I definitely didn't feel like regular ctx had started. He said, well, you might end up back here with a baby in your arms...I was a deer in the headlights. (The blood was apparently just from cervical changes.) I was NOT expecting to stay there and then be told no food/hooked up to monitors/etc. No sleep for me last night. As has happened the past 2-3 nights, my ctx picked up until about 11pm then faded out. I knew that would happen! The dr. came in and said, "you can go home, or I can break your water and be done with it." I was NOT ready to make that decision either. Anyway, we ended up spending the night in the hospital just waiting and being very torn about whether to just let him break my water and get things going. I should have gone home earlier, but waited til this morning to call it. So we are at home now, waiting for things to progress on their own. I still am not having regular contractions at 5 cm! I am trying to figure out why. I am going to get a chiropractic adjustment this afternoon to see if I can balance out my uterus. I have a feeling he's just not in the right place yet. Could that be it? If this adjustment doesn't "work" I plan to go into the office tomorrow (Friday) and get my membranes stripped again.
I just didn't want to say "yes, break my water" because then I'd be making the decision instead of my baby/body. I am only 4 days overdue. Did I make the right decision? I am so tired of the mental back-and-forth.