Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #21
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Miss Norah weighed in at 7lbs 8 oz today at her appt. she's only 4 oz under birth weight at 11 days old (up from 6.14 on Saturday !) we are slowly getting there but I need donor breast milk bad! I have one 4oz bag left and I'm not making enough yet. No one has responded on the Eats on Feets~Florida website after they told me to contact them. Argh!

Advertisement

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #22
keegen456
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: July 30 - Aug 5 Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
Had one week appt today, and Emerson has heat rash, thrush, and a food sensitivity. Poor baby! Either the thrush or food sensitivity probably explains some of his bouts of fussiness lately and his inconsolable crying yesterday evening. So it is off the dairy for me...
Evangeline has been having some issues with dairy as well. The horrible part is that now that I can't have milk or cheese, all I want is a big glass of milk and a grilled cheese sandwich. I think it's the "It's forbidden, so now I want it" mentality Evangeline also has a little bit of a heat rash and what looks to be a laundry soap sensitivity. I ran out of the tide f&c that I had been using so I switched to Lulu's in the fluff. I loved it with my DS so when the cloth diaper store near me went out of business, I bought all they had in stock(about a years worth of soap) but Evangeline is breaking out in a rash from it
Old 08-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
keegen456
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenfried2 View Post
Miss Norah weighed in at 7lbs 8 oz today at her appt. she's only 4 oz under birth weight at 11 days old (up from 6.14 on Saturday !) we are slowly getting there but I need donor breast milk bad! I have one 4oz bag left and I'm not making enough yet. No one has responded on the Eats on Feets~Florida website after they told me to contact them. Argh!
If only you didn't live so far away! I have 60-70 oz already stored up in my freezer for a rainy day. I usually pump about 8 oz a day between nursing.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #24
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Emerson had his first independent nap today! Woohoo! Lol It only lasted 45 minutes, but that was enough time for me to eat dinner and spend a little time with DH. Yay.

Emerson is SUCH a cuddle bug. I love it. But a little time away from mama is good too...at least for me. Our house is fallllllling apart...
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #25
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegen456 View Post
Evangeline has been having some issues with dairy as well. The horrible part is that now that I can't have milk or cheese, all I want is a big glass of milk and a grilled cheese sandwich. I think it's the "It's forbidden, so now I want it" mentality Evangeline also has a little bit of a heat rash and what looks to be a laundry soap sensitivity. I ran out of the tide f&c that I had been using so I switched to Lulu's in the fluff. I loved it with my DS so when the cloth diaper store near me went out of business, I bought all they had in stock(about a years worth of soap) but Evangeline is breaking out in a rash from it
I assure you that the dairy cravings will pass, I had them terrible when I went off dairy but after a couple weeks I didn't crave it anymore, and in fact I feel way better off dairy and don't intend to go back on it in the future. Hang in there mommas!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #26
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ade had a heat rash too, but she just lives in a diaper and unsnapped onesie all day long(i fold it up like a shirt)

I think my milk supply dropped after all the IV fluids finally ran out of me. I was swollen like an elephant until a few days ago, and at the same time my body wasn't painfully swollen, Ade started to get extra cranky and want to nurse every 1 1/2-2hrs. I'm wondering if my supply can go down because I wasn't drinking enough water?? So I've been drinking a lot trying to make up for it. She still gives me a good 5-6hr sleep at night, but during the day she's a grump! Two wks old yesterday!

So since this was my first vaginal delivery, im learning all new things! Is it normal to sometimes feel like I'm going to...fall out...down there? Seriously, i was walking around Target and it was extremely painful! I felt like i need to just stop and hold things together lol
Old 08-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #27
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
Ade had a heat rash too, but she just lives in a diaper and unsnapped onesie all day long(i fold it up like a shirt)

I think my milk supply dropped after all the IV fluids finally ran out of me. I was swollen like an elephant until a few days ago, and at the same time my body wasn't painfully swollen, Ade started to get extra cranky and want to nurse every 1 1/2-2hrs. I'm wondering if my supply can go down because I wasn't drinking enough water?? So I've been drinking a lot trying to make up for it. She still gives me a good 5-6hr sleep at night, but during the day she's a grump! Two wks old yesterday!

So since this was my first vaginal delivery, im learning all new things! Is it normal to sometimes feel like I'm going to...fall out...down there? Seriously, i was walking around Target and it was extremely painful! I felt like i need to just stop and hold things together lol
I was pretty swollen before and after birth and 4 days pp I did way to much and I totally felt like things were falling out. I have done lots of laying down this time because of a 5 day headache( and still going) so the rest of my body feels awesome now.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #28
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

coconut water to rehydrate
nak
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #29
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Green mucusy poop, rash on face, restless, cranky, sleeping poorly--should I call the ped? Or is this likely linked to thrush or the food sensitivity the ped already pointed out on Friday?

Poor baby is not happy.
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #30
philenabean
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
Green mucusy poop, rash on face, restless, cranky, sleeping poorly--should I call the ped? Or is this likely linked to thrush or the food sensitivity the ped already pointed out on Friday?

Poor baby is not happy.
That sounds like food sensitivity to me, particularly dairy. You could call anyway to make sure! Sorry mama I went through that with my first. No fun!
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote