Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #11
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Re: In home daycare w/ a newborn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
I'm definitely not ready. I just thought I would be by this time and I don't understand why I can't cope when everyone else seems to be just fine. I think about single mothers and military wives, how much harder they have it, and I feel like the worlds biggest failure.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using DS Forum
You aren't a failure. It's an adjustment for anyone. Not everyone is born a Michelle Duggar or Mrs. Brady - I know I wasn't!

Have you checked out Craigslist for a carrier? San Antonio is a fairly large city and I've seen plenty on there. You might be able to find something inexpensive. Even just a basic ring or pouch sling.

Advertisement

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just bought some carriers on FSOT that were made by a mama here, I could part with one or two if you'd like (FFS). I'm going to my MW appt but will be back on the computer tonight.
Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola
My kiddos all lived in carriers. For the newborn/itty phase, I love my Gemini. Tummy to tummy helps with gas. It is a godsend. However, I HATED ring slings, pouch slings, and the Moby.

If baby is seriously that fussy...have you talked to your ped about silent reflux? Prilosec/prevacid saved my sanity with DD. We figured out that DS was aspirating slightly at 4 months, which is what made him scream. Zantac did nothing for either child. I would start talking to your ped. Crying all the time is not good for baby or mommy!
We have an appointment Wednesday and I'm going to ask about that and ear infections or just ANYTHING that could be bothering him.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umm_Ibraheem View Post
I just bought some carriers on FSOT that were made by a mama here, I could part with one or two if you'd like (FFS). I'm going to my MW appt but will be back on the computer tonight.
I was going to offer a hotsling I have FFS as well, but I'd take this mama up on her offer first. Hotslings are sized (mine is a size 4) so I don't know if it would fit. But if you need it, and I highly recommend a sling!, I'd love to FFS it to you! PM me if you'd like :-)

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #15
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thank you so much ladies

Old 08-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #16
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

emma, I have a mei tai I can send you. I like them better than rs bc they are 2 shouldered and I can do more in them and use on your back as well (you can also find them on here for less than $30 sometimes). Mine isn't a great one, but it would work for the time being. I also have a ring sling you could have, it's a padded one. PM me or msg me on fb.

as far as child care...watch a toddler or preschooler maybe instead of a newborn. it'd be easier. I have found that 2 babies was harder than a baby and older one.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #17
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

dang it. I forgot you were in SA! my il's live there and if I knew when they were coming to visit, I would send carriers with them for you!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #18
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

I don't know if you are nursing or not, but have you thought about a dairy or soy sensitivity? My dd screamed nonstop until 4 months. I thought I was going to lose my mind. She also has reflux. We started in reflux meds and that made some difference in her disposition (huge difference in spitting up). I cut out dairy and it made a definite difference. The last piece for us was me cutting out soy milk (which I was drinking a good amount of to replace the dairy). My dd is 6 months now and the happiest baby I know. Another piece of the puzzle for us was to get her on a nap schedule. I think some of her trouble was that she was just exhausted. I still wear her a lot. Some days she's happy to hang in her Bumbo chair or exersaucer while I do housework, and some days she wants to be held all day. I put her in a carrier and go about my business. Shes happy being worn. I don't worry about "spoiling" her. I feel certain that a time will come here in the near future that she wont want to be held/worn all the time. She'll be on the move and wanting to play. I'll miss the snuggles then, so I try and just appreciate it now.
Hang in there- I know it's rough.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #19
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma
dang it. I forgot you were in SA! my il's live there and if I knew when they were coming to visit, I would send carriers with them for you!
Everyone is tied to San Antonio it seems. Lol.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #20
doodah
Registered Users
seller

I think your expectations are too high....you are a first time mom and expecting to jump right into being a mom AND a daycare provider is not reasonable at all. You need time to adjust to your new baby, your new baby needs time to get to know his/her new world and it will be a disservice to a daycare family to add another kid into the mix when it is clear you arent ready yet. Ther is absoluetely nothing wrong with giving yourself time and knowing your own limitations....in fact, that is the mature way to handle this whole thing.

I have done daycare since my oldest was a baby but I will say, something that made a HUGE difference for me and my 3 kids (soon to be 4) is to get my kids on a routine. Not a strict schedule...but a structure and pattern to their day so that I could be available for them when they needed me and my daycare kids when they needed me too. I have breasfed all my girls and co-slept and baby worn as well so its not like you cant do some attachment parenting while still have a routine to your day. You need to find what works for you. One of my favorite parenting books that I think would be a big help for you is the Baby Whisperer (there are 3 books to the series if I remember right). You may find that your little one is more needy due to reflux or colic or something but you also may find that what you are viewing as overwhelming, is really just how babies are. Things dont all just magically fall into place just because you love your child and want things to be smooth. It takes time to get good sleep and eat habits established and to learn as a mother. You arent a failure at all! You are just a regular mom that has the best intentions but may need a little bit of help....thats we were all have been, I promise! Now I juggle 7 to 8 kids and am pregnant with my 4th child but I didnt start out like this at all....at first, I struggled with just two kids. It takes time but it does get better!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote