Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dating...sucks

Soooo sick of dating. I'm quite, quite content to be single. My life is crazy and dating just turns it into a bigger cluster fcuk. But admittedly sometimes I get lonely and dating sounds like a great idea. I meet someone who I enjoy spending time with and like getting to know.

Then the expectations begin. I don't owe anyone anything especially someone I'm just dating/getting to know. Your supposedly an adult and you whine because I don't wanna cuddle?? Because I won't take time away from my kid for you?? Because I wont call into work to spend the day with you?? Seriously?? Then you insult me bc I am educated. Yep...that's the way to get what you want from me.

Im just so done. I am way happier being single and not worrying about anyone or anything related to love or dating. I am content to never marry or have a spouse. Plans for my life already include more children without a partner. But because of this I feel like I'm broken or something is wrong with me. Shouldn't I want to have a partner in life? I have always wanted someone in my life so it's just strange that I feel such contentment to be alone.

I dunno what the point of this post is. I'm just pissed off right now and need to write. Thanks if you made it this far.

Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
loveramongstars
Registered Users

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!

Lover Among Stars, a blog about my journey as a single mom with my little one.
loveramongstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #4
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dating...sucks

Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
justone4me
Registered Users

There is nothing wrong with you and you are not broken...although I know it does feel that way sometimes! If you are happy/content with being single, that's all that matters. Focus on your child and adding to your family...sometimes dating/relationships just get in the way! :-)
justone4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I feel exactly as you do, minutes the more kids. I'm bru close to being in a relationship with a guy, but I've told him time and time again that it's not like we're getting married and having babies. (He actually asked me if I wanted more kids, because he'd like another son...) We haven't even gone on a first date!!! And, just found out he lives with his ex?!?! No wonder they're on again off again!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveramongstars View Post

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umm_Ibraheem View Post
Thanks ladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by justone4me View Post
There is nothing wrong with you and you are not broken...although I know it does feel that way sometimes! If you are happy/content with being single, that's all that matters. Focus on your child and adding to your family...sometimes dating/relationships just get in the way! :-)
I guess I'm worried that my contentment with being single is going to take away any chance I ever have of finding someone. I mean what if I am not content like this forever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
I feel exactly as you do, minutes the more kids. I'm bru close to being in a relationship with a guy, but I've told him time and time again that it's not like we're getting married and having babies. (He actually asked me if I wanted more kids, because he'd like another son...) We haven't even gone on a first date!!! And, just found out he lives with his ex?!?! No wonder they're on again off again!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum
Oh jeez. See..perfect example. Yes, perfect stranger, I'd love to have your baby
Old 08-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
justone4me
Registered Users

"I guess I'm worried that my contentment with being single is going to take away any chance I ever have of finding someone. I mean what if I am not content like this forever? "

I strongly believe that your heart will let you know...just follow your heart! I know, I know...easier said than done! lol Hang in there, the right person will come along and you will just "know" But, then again, I'm not sure I'm the best person to be saying this as I'm almost 42 and still waiting! haha
justone4me is offline   Reply With Quote