Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
erikan7
Registered Users
seller

Sprayer

Do you think diaper sprayers are necessary? I use liners but they don't always catch everything. If you use a sprayer, does it leave your diapers soaking wet? Is it messy? What brand works best? Tia!!

Advertisement

erikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Numerbums
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sprayer

Honestly....I would not have even considered cloth diapers if not for the sprayer. I'm sure it can get messy, but I have never had a problem. It's a very controllable spray and does a great job of getting pretty much all the nasties off my diapers. Love my sprayer!!
Numerbums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No, it doesn't leave our diapers overly wet and I much, much prefer it to liners. It's the best way to get the poo out. We have a DIY sprayer...much cheaper than a commercial one and it works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
erikan7
Registered Users
seller

Thanks ladies. I like the BumGenius sprayer but it's pretty expensive. Maybe we can make one. It looks pretty easy from what I've seen.
erikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

I always intended in getting a sprayer, but haven't needed one yet. (Were 9 months in) if the poop isn't plopable, I just lay the diaper face down in the toiled for 5-10 minutes. (Think how if your kids forget to flush its turned to mush when you find it) By the time I come back, everything falls off when I lift out the dry end. I have a pail by the toilet so I'm not dripping water everywhere. I definitely don't list it on my list of "must haves"

Last edited by theonenonlymrssmith; 08-04-2012 at 06:55 PM.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

They are certainly not necessary however I much prefer having one. I CD my first child with no sprayer and got one off ebay ($20) on a whim with my 2nd and it just made everything SO much easier. We have it set up in our basement bathroom with a paint bucket next to the toilet. It is not messy and is very easy to use.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have a BG sprayer & a .88c spatula from Wal-Mart. I love the spatula. My baby drinks Elecare thickened with Simply Thick so his poo is very hard to get off. The spatula is my lifesaver.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #8
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
I have a BG sprayer & a .88c spatula from Wal-Mart. I love the spatula. My baby drinks Elecare thickened with Simply Thick so his poo is very hard to get off. The spatula is my lifesaver.

Jodie ~ wife & mama

I completely understand! My son is 2 1/2 and still on Neocate Jr only. My sprayer is such a huge help.

I cloth diapered my older girls with out a sprayer & they were on Neocate, too. I just did dunk & swish and it wasn't a problem. But I have a sprayer (the Bumgenius one) now for my son & it's such a huge help. I think you can definitely cloth diaper with out a sprayer but if it's possible, I'd recommend to get one.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote