Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #11
Alexander's Additions
Formerly: Punkin Doodles Diapers
seller

My Mood:
Grapeseed oil as a facial moisturizer is amazing!! I have acne prone skin and I'm about to try adding a few drops of tea tree and lavender essential oils to mine and see if that helps. It absorbs very quickly and leaves my face super soft with no greasiness afterwards. (I have combination skin, T zone, etc.)

Good luck!

Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Glad I found this thread! I have been wanting to try a natural facial moisturizer as well as hair conditioner, and it sounds as though coconut oil could do the trick (I was wondering what to do with the jar of coconut oil I had in the cupboard)
I just need to know, however, how much coconut oil you use on your face as well as how much in your hair? Does it leave a greasy feel to face or hair? I have combination skin. I also have very thick, frizzy hair.
Thanks!!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #13
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Facial moisturizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo152 View Post
Glad I found this thread! I have been wanting to try a natural facial moisturizer as well as hair conditioner, and it sounds as though coconut oil could do the trick (I was wondering what to do with the jar of coconut oil I had in the cupboard)
I just need to know, however, how much coconut oil you use on your face as well as how much in your hair? Does it leave a greasy feel to face or hair? I have combination skin. I also have very thick, frizzy hair.
Thanks!!
Yeah, this! They were my next questions. Does it leave a greasy feeling? How much should I use? Do you use it every day? I just bought some makeup that is a mineral powder...I'm used to using a well known liquid foundation and after looking on skindeep's website, my old stuff rates an 8 for toxicity (10 being the worse) and the kind I found (and purchased) rates a 0 or 1. I want to try to get myself down to wearing no makeup or just mineral powder only when going out. My skins not terrible...I have it under control, atm, but it's acne prone and gets red easily. I have the T-zone, combo too. My chin is the absolute worst area for acne. I always have some sort of zit there. Would it be ok to use before I put on the mineral makeup?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #14
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Argan oil or coconut oil. A tiny bit smaller than a dime is usually what I use for coconut oil. Penny size for my hair--usually at the roots and not by the scalp.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #15
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
These thread make me want to try the EVCO on my face but I'm so scared because I am prone to those hard whiteheads that last forever unless you use a pin & pop the yuck out. I hate them & hear the coconut oil can make those worse.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #16
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
These thread make me want to try the EVCO on my face but I'm so scared because I am prone to those hard whiteheads that last forever unless you use a pin & pop the yuck out. I hate them & hear the coconut oil can make those worse.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
DH gets those a lot!! I do, but not often. Wonder if this is true?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #17
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani_Phen

DH gets those a lot!! I do, but not often. Wonder if this is true?
I know mine get worse if I use a thicker moisturizer in summer.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:19 AM   #18
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've stayed away from coconut oil b/c I already tend to be a bit oily, acne-prone, & sensitive & I had read on a few sites that coconut oil can be comedogenic Anyway, that's why I tried jojoba, but I even find that to be too heavy(though I love it for my hair), so until I decide to try something else, I'll stick w/ my commercial moisturizer that works well for me.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #19
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I could never get CO to make my face feel moisturized enough, I must have drier skin.
vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #20
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks girls. The closest things I've found for lotion that is rid of a lot of "yuck" are california baby lotion and kiss my face calendula cream. I can use both of these on my whole body including my face and my baby's body but they aren't entirely 100% natural. They are better than the commercial kinds though. Tomorrow I'm going shopping with my mom and I might get some jojoba or CO to try...I hear and read such a mix of reviews on them both.