Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: PLing a boy at 16.5 months?

My 16.5 month old boy is nowhere near PLing, so wow! But I have heard tons of good things about "Oh Crap Potty Training" (http://www.jamieglowaki.com), which supports starting anytime after 16 months, but says the ideal window is 20-30 months. I do know that one of her main things is NOT to put out a potty chair unless you're ready to actually train him and expect him to use it. Like I said, I haven't been there yet, but I have done a little research and it might be worth checking out.

http://www.ohcrappottytraining.com/t...g-exposed.html

Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Of course! I believe most kids are far more capable in the "potty department" than we give them credit for.

Of course Im another EC'er, however both my kids lost interest in it around the time they started walking, though we still do it here and there.

My baby was holding her urine at 4-6mos for a couple of hours while we were out on errands, shed wait till we got home and I took her potty. I took her to the potty using timing as I didnt start w/her till she was 2mos old.

I always have a diaper bag w/me of course but 9 times out of 10 I end up not having to change her because she stays dry!

So yeah I never think they are too young especially if they are showing any interest. Dont waste that, he's communicating w/you show him that you are listening!

It doesnt have to be all or nothing and it's doubtful you will be needing to get rid of all his diapers asap, so no worries there.

But Id rather have that than a child that "loves their diapers" and fights the potty you know?

I say just go w/the flow and listen to him.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #13
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

Sounds like a good time to do a test run to see if he's responsive to PL'ing. DH's grandma told me that her generation had their kids potty trained by 18 months!

My sons are almost 2.5 years old and just now realizing about pees and poos, so I'm extremely jealous!
Old 08-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:

My mom had all 4 of us potty trained by 18 months. I was 13 months old, brother was 16 months, 2nd brother was 18 months, and sister was less than 18 months. Try it!
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #15
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow... Thanks for all the responses! I will report back!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #16
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

It never hurts to try. My DS was fully potty trained during the day by 18 months old. It is possible.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote