Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
I doubt you'll notice it. I was mortified of back labor and positions with DS when I had 2 broken ribs and 2 torn muscles (1 on each side). I can honestly say I didn't feel a thing once I got into active labor. The adrenaline and endorphins took care of it. I have a broken tail bone atm, so I totally understand your fears. But this pain is far less than what I had with DS, so I am not worried at all about feeling it in labor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Advertisement

Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #12
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

You all are so helpful and encouraging! I really feel like I can do this now.
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Here is my after birth update in case anyone was curious how it went!

I had an awesome homebirth waterbirth, and I did not feel tailbone pain once!!! I did have bad hip/back pain that my midwife said may have been nerve referral pain from the tailbone, but I was able to deal with it.

Unfortunately, almost six weeks from the tailbone injury I am still dealing with pain and cannot sit. But at least I was able to give birth naturally and had an amazing birth!
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #14
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Birth with an injured tailbone

I'm glad you didn't have any trouble during delivery! Tailbone injuries take a LONG time to heal, give yourself time. I could not sit at all for about a month, then it was a few more months before I could sit without extreme pain, and it was over a year before I didn't feel daily pain.

Almost 5 years later it hardly bothers me at all unless I have pressure directly on it for a long time. It just very very slowly got better, though I wouldn't say it is 100% healed. Others I have talked to have said the same thing, it's always sort of there, it just doesn't cause daily discomfort after a while.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #15
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Birth with an injured tailbone

They do take a long time. Mine was 13 years ago and it took several years to be completely w/o discomfort.