Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Living together... deciding whether to stay together

I would suggest reading the book 5 love languages. here is a link also that describes the 5 love languages. You could be feeling that it is fake because he does not show love the way that you require. This was a book suggested by my pastor to read before me and my husband were married.

gemgirlred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I completely understand the communication problem! We also have this issue. It just took me pounding it into him over and over again and then at the end of yelling fight, pointing out how it could have been avoided if we talked about something before it made one of us angry and we're getting better. Don't back down, give it every effort before you leave.
Fiance to Justin, mom to Skylar (04/12)
Breastfeeding, cosleeping, babywearing, cloth diapering, nanny to 3!
redheadinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

A couple of things.. you may want to talk to a counselor solo, you may be experiencing some PPD. Sometimes it manifests as a dislike/disinterest in your partner. Your LO is very young and it is a tough time emotionally for most women.

Also, like a pp mentioned, I would be hesitant to leave because of feeling fake (esp. in that first 6 months when I know emotions can run hot and cold and all over the place). I've been with DH for over a decade and sometimes it does feel like going through the motions, and when it gets really bad I think to myself I have to fake it until I make it. And then sure enough, I'll be in love all over again at some point. But there are definite periods that don't feel awesome. Sometimes when I start to feel that way, I get angry at DH and point out all he could be doing, but what generally gets us back on track is if I start making an effort (afterall, I can only control me). And after a little while of treating him like I did when we first started dating, he starts being that guy that I first fell in love with.

Sounds like your DD has two caring parents no matter what happens.
JasmineMama is offline   Reply With Quote