Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #31
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by philenabean

That sounds like food sensitivity to me, particularly dairy. You could call anyway to make sure! Sorry mama I went through that with my first. No fun!
This is my second time through this. Last time, I didn't know what babies were supposed to be like, and DD's doctor was so unhelpful that it took me 9 months to realize this was the problem.

I went ahead and called the ped, and she said since I had stopped dairy on Friday, I should expect him to get better (or stay the same until all dairy clears out), not get worse. I suggested the probiotic she put him on may be the problem, and she agreed, since his super fussiness started the same day. The probiotic is grown on dairy although it isn't supposed to have any dairy in it, but DD is so sensitive to dairy that even that kind bothers her, so I am thinking the same for DS. So we are stopping that now and treating the thrush and having me stay off dairy to see if that might be the magic combination. I hope so!

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #32
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: July 30 - Aug 5 Chat

Sounds like a dairy allergy. That's how my older dd was, I still don't eat dairy so no idea if our newbie is or not and don't plan to find out the hard way.

Sorry to hear he is too, at least his momma know how and is willing to make the dietary changes he needs
Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #33
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah
Sounds like a dairy allergy. That's how my older dd was, I still don't eat dairy so no idea if our newbie is or not and don't plan to find out the hard way.

Sorry to hear he is too, at least his momma know how and is willing to make the dietary changes he needs
Emerson is feeling SO much better!!! He just had one dose of probiotics in the morning yesterday, and then I stopped them, and it has made an enormous difference (as has my stopping dairy myself probably). He slept soooooo well last night and has been napping peacefully all morning. And no inconsolable crying last night!
Old 08-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #34
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm still here and hanging on. We are still waiting on insurance to kick in so Norah can get her tongue tie taken care of.. They said hopefully by Friday. It is causing us some struggles in nursing as she gets tired and lazy since she can't move her tongue up to suck and latch on effectively. We have hit the OUCH stage in latching because of this.. I feel like needles are coursing through my nipples some times. We had a rough morning today but I canceled an appt and finally got her down for a decent nap around 230pm. She is so awake and alert sometimes that she doesn't want to fall asleep even though she is so tired. She is going through a growth spurt too and so wanting to suckle and eat constantly which is fine with me but owieeee my nips hurt! I feel more milk coming and the pain in my breasts from let down and I'm pumping and taking 3 different supplements. Just praying it all works and we go on to bf for the next yr!

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #35
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
Emerson is feeling SO much better!!! He just had one dose of probiotics in the morning yesterday, and then I stopped them, and it has made an enormous difference (as has my stopping dairy myself probably). He slept soooooo well last night and has been napping peacefully all morning. And no inconsolable crying last night!
Oh I am so glad to hear this that's how our little R was, it was overnight and she went from a colicky cranky baby to one that actually slept and was content
Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #36
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amanda-I hope that can get taken care of soon. I haven't experienced it but have friends who have and know it can be painful hang in there momma!
Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #37
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Had my first glass of wine it is good but I am drinking it alone (well with baby)