Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Unisom for morning sickness (or all day sickness)

I bought some Unisom today. The regular one in the orange and white box. I read somewhere to get the regular one.

First-
Is this the right one? It says to ask a provider on the back if pregnant or nursing (I'm doing both). I thats more to cover their butts but I just want to make sure.
Second-
How do I take it? What is the best way to take it to get the best effects? I read 1 before bed or 1/2 before bed.

TIA

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Unisom for morning sickness (or all day sickness)

I am wondering the same thing since I usually get sick at night. I have never heard of unisom for nausea.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
jmoon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I take one at night, and it has made a huge difference! Other pregnancies I had trouble sleeping because I was too nauseas, and this one I have been able to sleep!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought the generic form of the regular unisom, what you have sounds right. Everything I've read (including my midwives) say to take B6 with it, but I didn't and it worked great. I have chronic nausea and have scripts for zofran and phenergan but wanted to avoid taking those if possible. The unisom worked really well. I took 1 pill about an hour before bed at first, and it left me very drowsy the next morning. I got used to it after about a week. Then when I only needed to take it every so often I'd take half and it still worked just fine with less drowsiness the next day.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #5
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Unisom has REALLY helped me this pregnancy! Half a tablet knocks me out, so I have to take 1/3. I try to take it as less often as possible. So if I'm feeling super sick in the morning where I can't even nibble, I'll take a third of one. Then I'm usually okay (and tired) the rest of the day. There's some days I don't have to take it till afternoon and some days I don't have to at all. It really works well for me tho!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks everyone!
I took one last night and slept great! Hopefully its helps me get through the day.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The night before last I took a whole tablet with my b6. No nausea the next day until 5pm. But I felt like a zombie! I slept 99 percent if the day.lol
Last night, I took half. I an not as much of a zombie..but I have slight nausea. I hear that after a couple of days of taking it the zombie feeling goes away.
I, hope it does! Being free of the nausea is awesome...but I was hoping to be able to function normally!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My doc recommends 1/2 Unisom and 50mg of B6 up to twice a day. I've been doing the Unisom/B6 combo at night and it knocks me out, then another 50mg of B6 during the day (12 hours later). It has really taken the edge off, but I am super drowsy in the mornings Better than gagging all night though, I guess
Old 08-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Unisom has saved me this go-round. I take a full tablet at night (I take the B6 sporadically....it doesn't seem to make a difference.) I do feel sleepy in the morning, but I sleep like a rock all night and have had much less vomiting than before I started taking it.

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #10
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the grogginess does get better if you're taking it consistently. When I took it daily or almost daily the zombie feeling went away after a week or so. But when I would only take it here and there is when I'd have to cut back to half a pill to not feel so zombie like. But it DOES get better!

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote