Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #51
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is your baby head down yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemianxchaos View Post
We still have loads of time for babies to flip again and again. Dont be discouraged!
Totally agree!

Advertisement

mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #52
jcalumna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yesterday at my 36 week prenatal appointment, the doctor was unable to determine the position of the baby. I'll have an ultrasound next week for a position check.

All I know that yesterday I could feel & see the baby moving from the left side of my belly button to the right side. So, as the doctor commented the baby "has not committed" to a position yet.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #53
Lyshyloche
Registered Users

My Mood:

LO has been head down since very early on. When I asked them about the baby changing it's mind my midwives said that it could flip at any time. Even during labor.

Would anyone consider still trying for a vaginal birth in the case of a breech?

I saw this website early on in my pregnancy which made me think that I would give it a try if LO went bottoms-down. (warning NSFW)

www(dot)birthingway(dot-com)/footling_breech.html

Sorry for the broken link, I don't have the street cred to post yet.
Lyshyloche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #54
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As of Tuesday she was breech. This morning at another appt she was head down. Girl is still doing somersaults but she's making me nervous so I really wish she would just go head down and stay there.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #55
jcalumna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyshyloche View Post
Would anyone consider still trying for a vaginal birth in the case of a breech?
I would like to try a vaginal birth even if the baby is breech. My doctor told me that she is comfortable with breech births although she explained to me that a study came out that indicated breech babies delivered via C-Section have higher APGAR scores than those delivered vaginally.

With a quick search, I was found these journal articles to support what she told me:

Long-term outcome in term breech infants with low Apgar score--a population-based follow-up. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology (impact factor: 1.58). 01/2002; 100(1):5-8.

Vaginal Delivery versus Cesarean Section; Birth Outcome in Primi Gravdae Breech. Professional Med J Jun 2010;17(2):300-303.

However, my doctor is in a big practice, so if she's not on-call, I'm not sure if the other docs in the practice would be comfortable delivering a breech baby. But what I have to keep in mind is that ultimately, it's MY decision not theirs. I'm the one who has to sign a consent form for a C-Section, they cannot perform the surgery without my consent.

Last edited by jcalumna; 07-12-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Added links
jcalumna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #56
jcalumna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yesterday's ultrasound at 37 weeks 2 days revealed the baby is BREECH!

Will see what the doctor says at next week's prenatal appointment.

This week I went to my chiropractor for some back pain & he said to let him know if the baby is breech because there are things they can do to help relax your muscles so the baby naturally falls into place.

One thing I've learned about being a mama is you've got to trust your gut feeling! And based on what I've read & my gut feeling, I will say no to an external cephalic version (ECV) which has about a 58% success rate in turning breech babies.

I'm also considering doing the Spinning Baby Inversion in the meantime.

From the Spinning Babies Inversion Page: " Sometimes the uterine ligaments are not equal on each side of the body. If one side has shortened ligaments the entire lower uterine segment can have a twist in it. This effect is not uncommon among women who hold a child on one hip frequently. A twist in the cervical ligaments can put the lower uterine segment into a slight twist which reduces the room for the baby to have a good head-down position."
Old 07-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #57
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama, I'm sorry. I hope you an flip your baby. I have done everything known to man to flip this babe, starting at 28 weeks, including:

All Spinning Babies techniques including breech tilts and inversions off couch
Hypnobabies turn your breech baby
Webster technique chiro care from 28 weeks on 2x week
Pulsatilla
Moxibustion 34-35 weeks
Acupuncture 35-37 weeks
cranio-sacral therapy

Nothing has worked. I've spent a fortune and I'm exhausted from trying. I am a bad candidate in every way for the external cephalic version (and I did that with my son and it didn't work, they tried three times and his heard kept decelling) I'm scheduled for another c-section (my second baby was breech too) in 4 days, at 39.5 weeks.

I hope you have a different result, but my experience with two breeches has been that nothing works. If they can flip they will. I don't know if it matters what you do. Good luck.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #58
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdavidsmama View Post
Oh mama, I'm sorry. I hope you an flip your baby. I have done everything known to man to flip this babe, starting at 28 weeks, including:

All Spinning Babies techniques including breech tilts and inversions off couch
Hypnobabies turn your breech baby
Webster technique chiro care from 28 weeks on 2x week
Pulsatilla
Moxibustion 34-35 weeks
Acupuncture 35-37 weeks
cranio-sacral therapy

Nothing has worked. I've spent a fortune and I'm exhausted from trying. I am a bad candidate in every way for the external cephalic version (and I did that with my son and it didn't work, they tried three times and his heard kept decelling) I'm scheduled for another c-section (my second baby was breech too) in 4 days, at 39.5 weeks.

I hope you have a different result, but my experience with two breeches has been that nothing works. If they can flip they will. I don't know if it matters what you do. Good luck.

Oh man. Why does it seem that so many babies are head up??? At my 36 week apt the baby was suddenly head up and had been head down for weeks before that....

I've been trying the spinning babies techniques and I'll see on Monday what my MW says.

What is this mama????
Pulsatilla
Moxibustion

I'm not going to let them turn the baby b/c #2 and #5 were both c-sections due to fetal distress and I'm really not a good candidate for that anyways with the prior sections. So hopefully this little one turns on her/his own. I really really dont' want another section...
Old 07-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #59
Charrey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It seems so many babies are not head down! My SIL just had a c-section for her 3rd baby because he was breech and her amniotic fluid was too low to try and turn him.

My first baby flipped into breech position while I was in labor!

So far this baby is head down. Yesterday my midwife said she felt his back on the left side, but I'm pretty sure his back is still on the right. I'm not super thrilled about this because my second baby was posterior so I really want just one baby to be in the right position! At least he is head down though.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #60
jcalumna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Update: Although my u/s at 37w2d revealed the baby was breech, a repeat u/s at 40w0d revealed that the baby has now flipped head down.

I have decided to proceed with the schedule C-Section at 40w2d, but have a little mommy guilt because the baby is now head down. I would have had no mommy guilt with a breech baby. But trying to reassure myself it's ok because the C/S will be on my FIL's b'day which I think is cool & I did refuse a 39week repeat C/S. The main goal is healthy baby & healthy mommy - I'm trying to keep this in mind. My doctor did not want me go longer than 41 weeks based on my medical history, so going 5 days earlier than 41 weeks isn't too bad, especially when my Mom is here to help now, but would not be able to help us next week.