Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #41
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: My first c-section - so many questions!

I think everyone has done a GREAT job giving you advice, i read to page 3 and didn't see this one yet...(other than the maxi dress suggestion). BUY GRANNY know the kind that go up to your armpits almost? Cheap ones from WalMart (toss them when you are done with them after recovery if you want). You'll thank me for the PP said, you wont want anything touching your scar/incision. Mine got all blood stained anyway from leaking pads and I tossed them anyway. I also took home a bunch of mesh panties and gigantic pads from the hospital. That helped a lot!

SAHM to 4 AMAZING kids, DD 18 DD 17, and DS 4 DS2 with LAST BABY , due July 20th
ISO: Wool & Prefolds (Large & X Large) IHA:
CM6755 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #42
Registered Users

how amazing! So glad you didn't have to get a c-section! It's amazing how babies know what they need to come into this world and into our arms!
jjoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #43
Registered Users
Originally Posted by Christina
Turns out I didnt need a csection after all!! She flipped head down at the ultrasound the day before I was scheduled for my section! I went into labor yesterday and after 4 hours I had a wonderful vaginal birth. Thank you so much for your answers and suggestions
Single Mommy to my 3 year old DS born all natural. We are a Cosleeping, Breastfeeding, Babywearing Non-Vaxing DUO!!
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #44
Registered Users

I did not feel doped up at all after my c-section, maybe just the hour after. This was my first baby but we were successful in breastfeeding, and still going strong EBF 8months! I found that the football hold was the ONLY way I could feed her, because it kept her off my incision, however she was my first and I didn't know what I was doing so maybe next time I would be able to try different ways to feed. I really don't think you need to worry about how it will affect your bfing, especially since after 5 babies you're probably quite the expert Good luck!
tats1984 is offline   Reply With Quote