Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #31
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug 6th weekly chat

Day 3 postpartum- FINALLY GOT MY BIRTH HIGH!!! Feels so good. Giddy with joy. Makes me reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally excited for you 1st time mammas. No matter how your baby makes it into the world, eventually those bf hormones kick in and you just get so giddy with ecstasy over your beautiful baby.

Advertisement

momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #32
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

AND may I add I finally get the OBSESSION people have with Aden & Anais blankets- LOL! Ivy just pooped on hers and I'm like in a panic because I want it washed and fresh NOW. I do not want to use ANY OTHER blanket in this warm weather. (We got just 1 as a hand-me-down.)

Luckily I have 2 in a similar fabric that I made myself- same super-soft quilty muslin 100% cotton, but plain white and not as big.

I may be splurging on a couple more, if I can find some on sale.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #33
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
Day 3 postpartum- FINALLY GOT MY BIRTH HIGH!!! Feels so good. Giddy with joy. Makes me reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally excited for you 1st time mammas. No matter how your baby makes it into the world, eventually those bf hormones kick in and you just get so giddy with ecstasy over your beautiful baby.
BOUT TIIIIME

Ive never tried an A&A Blanket, I cant justify the money. :/

I totally took a 2 hour nap today, guys, and woke up on my own accord, not becuase someone was yelling for me or because they were fighting or whatnot. It was AWESOME.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #34
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have 3 that my girlfriend got at Goodwill where she works. They are in perfect condition but I would love 3-4 more. They are just HTF at a good price. She spent 0.50 each. I had her on the hunt for them for months.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #35
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliecatn1
Also, while nobody wants to push out a 10 lb baby, baby fat is squishy! It will squish right out along with the rest of baby. The extra weight isn't likely on baby's head, it's probably on its chunky thighs and belly and those are the easy parts to get out :-)
This is a great point!. I will def use this if doc is pushing csec. Thanks!
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #36
1healthylady
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
AND may I add I finally get the OBSESSION people have with Aden & Anais blankets- LOL! Ivy just pooped on hers and I'm like in a panic because I want it washed and fresh NOW. I do not want to use ANY OTHER blanket in this warm weather. (We got just 1 as a hand-me-down.)

Luckily I have 2 in a similar fabric that I made myself- same super-soft quilty muslin 100% cotton, but plain white and not as big.

I may be splurging on a couple more, if I can find some on sale.
I have one that I got as a hand me down and I can't wait to use it. It feels so soft and will be so nice in this hot weather! I'd love more, but I can't justify spending that much. Where did you get your fabric from to make your own?

DH and I went to the Just Between Friends sale last night. Got some really good deals. I think the deal of the night was 15 Avent bottles and probably 30 nipples sizes 1-4 all for $8. I don't know that we'll ever need that many bottles, but that's less than half the price of 3 new bottles! Also got 3 changing pad covers that we needed for just $4. No good deals on cloth diapers though. They had some there, but not at prices I was willing to pay. Then we went to Adam's Rib Co. next door for some yummy Bbq. It's like we had 2 dates in one week!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #37
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1healthylady View Post
I have one that I got as a hand me down and I can't wait to use it. It feels so soft and will be so nice in this hot weather! I'd love more, but I can't justify spending that much. Where did you get your fabric from to make your own?

DH and I went to the Just Between Friends sale last night. Got some really good deals. I think the deal of the night was 15 Avent bottles and probably 30 nipples sizes 1-4 all for $8. I don't know that we'll ever need that many bottles, but that's less than half the price of 3 new bottles! Also got 3 changing pad covers that we needed for just $4. No good deals on cloth diapers though. They had some there, but not at prices I was willing to pay. Then we went to Adam's Rib Co. next door for some yummy Bbq. It's like we had 2 dates in one week!
The mom to mom sale here in GR is great but I searched high and low for A&A blankets and didin't find one. I did however find cloth diapers ($2 each) and wool covers ($5 each), a pouch sling and plenty more. I can't wait till the next one because baby will actually be here and I will know if I need girly or boyish things.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #38
chach4
Registered Users
seller

I got an AA blanket during an earth day sale and with a coupon code on top of the sale and free shipping, I couldn't pass it up. It is so soft and am excited to try it out.
Id like to know too where to buy material to make some!.
I'm fighting a cold and could really use a "sick day". Ha.
I'm still in bed but waiting for dh to come get me so he can leave for work. He will be there til about 10 tonight so it'll be a long day. Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to naptime?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #39
popsi
Registered Users
seller

I don't know, I never got in to any sort of "swaddling blankets." I actually recommend them to my sisters and friends, but I personally just use whatever I have around the house. Plus, my kids (so far) didn't care either way for them- thank Gd they were/are great sleepers!

I've been timing my contractions for the last 2 hours bec. I'm one day overdue (I'm surprised bec. my other two were a few days early). Basically they are coming on average between e/ 12-15 minutes, though the last few were much more painful. The beginning I was able to walk around and do laundry. Now when it comes I have to stop and b.r.e.a.t.h.e! Hoping to have the baby before the weekend!

Chach- hope you feel better and are able to rest up!
popsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #40
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsi

I've been timing my contractions for the last 2 hours bec. I'm one day overdue (I'm surprised bec. my other two were a few days early). Basically they are coming on average between e/ 12-15 minutes, though the last few were much more painful. The beginning I was able to walk around and do laundry. Now when it comes I have to stop and b.r.e.a.t.h.e! Hoping to have the baby before the weekend!

Chach- hope you feel better and are able to rest up!
Sounds like another babe is on the way! So exciting!.

I've been in bed all morning. Hubby is working from home some so I can have a rest. LOVE HIM!. Tho he will have to leave in an hr or so.