Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2012, 11:59 PM   #21
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

I have another question and then I will try to be done. When I put these on him. I have been pulling the soaker up first to make sure it is positioned well then putting the shell over it and fastening. The soaker is snapped in already so pulling it up over his front pulls the shell most of the way with it. Is this over kill? If I just put it under him and pull all of together and fasten will it still work great. I guess I am just worried the soaker will shift to the side or something.

So- how do you put them on you LO?

Thank

Advertisement

jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #22
~marti26.
Registered Users

Re: First grovia and I am in love. Will these feelings continue?

I don't have any of the inserts yet, but I have 5 shells and I love them. My baby is only 9 weeks so I only just decided that I prefer the snaps over the h/l. They're both great though. The only thing I don't love is one of the prints I got. Plane....it just doesn't make me happy like the others do. I have really been debating about whether to take advantage of the Flip sale or get more Capris and Grovias. I've never used Flips so I'm torn because I LOVE the brands I have. Suggestions? This should've probably been a new thread. I hope you don't mind OP?
~marti26. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #23
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~marti26.
I don't have any of the inserts yet, but I have 5 shells and I love them. My baby is only 9 weeks so I only just decided that I prefer the snaps over the h/l. They're both great though. The only thing I don't love is one of the prints I got. Plane....it just doesn't make me happy like the others do. I have really been debating about whether to take advantage of the Flip sale or get more Capris and Grovias. I've never used Flips so I'm torn because I LOVE the brands I have. Suggestions? This should've probably been a new thread. I hope you don't mind OP?
Don't mind at all. In my opinion I would say get more grovia. I have not tried capris. I do love our flips but the grovia feel like they will last longer and they are so soft. I do not like that pul touches my babies skin in the flip if I trifold. That being said I really do love our flips just wish I had gotten grovia sooner. I will probably sell some flips to get more grovia. Maybe others have other thoughts though. You will get more responses of you start a new thread.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:55 AM   #24
~marti26.
Registered Users

Thanks. I think I will. I'm glad you found diapers that you love. I feel so fortunate to LOVE the things I originally bought. Well...except my FB OS and Elite. I haven't used them as they are still too bulky, but I feel like I don't want to be bothered with pockets. I only have 2 of each, but I may try selling them.
~marti26. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #25
3girlsandcounting
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie714 View Post
Thanks. I really do love them. I have been using cloth for a little over three years and never tried them before because of cost. We have some extra money coming soon though and might be able to get a full stash.

I'm actually thinking I might get enough for 12 changes and keep 12 prefolds with some of my flips and get 12 Aio or pockets to round it out. I feel this would be a stash that would give me enough variety to not feel like I need to try more but still be simple enough to fill my need of thinking everything must be the same.

Anyone else love them or have ideas of what else I could try? I love the narrow crotch and softness.
If you love the fit and narrow crotch of the hybrid shell and plan on adding some AIO to your stash, give the Grovia AIO a try. It's an awesome, trim fit. And it's OS
Old 08-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #26
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie714 View Post
I have another question and then I will try to be done. When I put these on him. I have been pulling the soaker up first to make sure it is positioned well then putting the shell over it and fastening. The soaker is snapped in already so pulling it up over his front pulls the shell most of the way with it. Is this over kill? If I just put it under him and pull all of together and fasten will it still work great. I guess I am just worried the soaker will shift to the side or something.

So- how do you put them on you LO?

Thank
I put them on the same way with my son, but mostly because I find it more necessary to make sure my son is tucked in comfortably and pointing the right direction, I didn't pay as much attention to adjustments with my daughter... but there's less there to adjust I am sure it would fit just fine, and I'm 100% sure DH doesn't bother and he never gets leaks, but I just like him to be comfy!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #27
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

I love my Grobaby diapers, and I'm hoping to get some Grovia ones to add to my stash for something new, plus they made the rise higher when they updated the diapers, and we are going to need that soon. The inserts are starting to show some wear on them after about a year of use, but with my stash of only about 24 inserts (we have prefolds we would use sometimes, but the Grobaby inserts are used almost exclusively most days), I think they are holding up pretty well.

I was pretty unimpressed by how long the OS AIO I had lasted. That was a Grovia and not a Grobaby diaper. That was used and washed every 3 days or so, so maybe it just met the end of its life.

I love that I can snap a few inserts in and give them to my MIL when she watches DD2 and for her it is just like changing a disposable!

Sent from my phone using DS Forum... Typos complements of Swype

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #28
mama2Holden
Registered Users
seller

Ok, I have to put this...
mama2Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #29
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2Holden
Ok, I have to put this...
Ok. My soakers are all dirty but when baby wakes I can put the shell on with a pad folded flat. I would also like to see other peoples pics and how they fit on different sizes. These are super cute and trim and I think they are the most comfortable feeling in the inside. Cannot get enough. I wish I had a couple hundred $ right now.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #30
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

This is just the shell with a trifolded newborn prefold. The grovia insert is trimmer.

Attachment 116076

Last edited by jamie714; 05-17-2013 at 11:01 PM.