Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
VinhThiMom
Vinh Thi Designs
Formerly: chrisnsteph1022
seller
seller

My Mood:
This morning was rough. It was the first day of first grade for DS. He's been going to a very small private school since he was an infant through kindergarten. We decided to switch them to public this year for 1st and K for DD (doesn't start for a couple more weeks). DS is mildly autistic and has a lot of anxiety (not medicated). I knew it would be hard for him, but I didn't know how hard it would be for ME. I felt like such an idiot. I saw one tear and I just lost it. The teacher had to get me a tissue. So embarrassing.

Anyway, DS just kept repeating "I don't like school." Over and over. Louder and louder. Then he started crying. Which he HATES doing-it makes him really mad/embarrassed. I told him it's ok to be scared, but he had to give it a chance and he would have fun. He would not say a single thing other than "I don't like school." The special ed teacher was in there and had made a picture map of the day's activities for him. I was able to snap a quick pic when he was looking at that (he hates getting his picture taken). I left in tears and cried all the way to work (45-minute drive). Then I got to my desk and a coworker asked how it went, which made me start crying again. I feel like such a crybaby. I am NOT usually this emotional over kid stuff. But it really broke my heart. I just want to go back and pick him up.

VinhThiMom is offline   Reply With Quote