Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #21
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper stashes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMeads View Post
For those that use wool or fleece longies, where do you order your shirts to go with from? It's so hard to find newborn t-shirts. I'm not really interested in the white side snap shirts. I want cute ones in different colors.
I ordered a few newborn/smallish wool shirts from Nordic Natural Woolens. I have three different ones, one Engel lap tee, one Little Nursling tee, and a Ruskovilla lap tee, all long sleeve. I am working on a sweater or five LOL and honestly don't care if the tops match the bottoms. I have a ton of newborn/smallish longies that I made for DS2 who was born in July, so they didn't get much love. We heat with wood and live in the extreme north, so there will be LOTS of woolens being worn here, and lots of Moby Wrap love to keep the new babe warm. We all wear wool undergarments in winter, plus slippers, 24/7. The boys sleep in wool jammies under either a down or wool comforter. Wool can be worn, and worn, and worn before it is washed (spit-up not withstanding) so I feel like we get more out of it than we do our cotton clothes.

Advertisement

Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #22
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I have one box of newborn disposables.

I am not doing cloth for a newborn this time around. The newborn size doesn't fit for long and while they do retain high resale value, we still don't think it's a cost savings to use cloth with a newborn. I hated almost all of the diapers I had for my second son (the two I liked were BumGenius all-in-ones and XS Fuzzibunz) and none worked well for him because he's a super soaker. I'll be using disposables for the new baby until he/ she fits into the diapers I already have.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #23
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny Bunny Baby

I do all wool, this time around I have ordered a bunch of custom newborn shirts & gowns from Amelia & Macie's Boutique. She is going to do another coop in September...lmk if you want me to add you to the facebook group for her coops. This is one of the orders I've done for this bebe just to give you an example of her work.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/484471_479382832091536_1961505608_n.jpg
I know this wasn't directed to me, but could you PM me, I'd live to join that co-op

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah7464
How do you guys like the workhorse fitteds? I'm trying to decide if they are worth the extra $ or if I should just stick with prefolds.
I've never tried them, but have friends that love them. I got some megaroos extended tab prefolds this go round since I have a hard time with regular prefolds...I got prefold issues, lol.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #24
Sarah7464
Registered Users
seller

Well, I ordered 36 newborn workhorse fitteds, 20 doublers for them, 2 disana covers, and some wipes today. I couldn't pass up the $3 per fitted price! I'd say that's a pretty good start. I think I'll need a few more covers and some prefolds but I'm hoping that will last me until the one size diapers I already own start to fit.
Sarah7464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #25
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=808mamaof2;15526732]I know this wasn't directed to me, but could you PM me, I'd live to join that co-op

Just pm'd you

Last edited by Hunny Bunny Baby; 08-11-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Hunny Bunny Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #26
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny Bunny Baby View Post
I do all wool, this time around I have ordered a bunch of custom newborn shirts & gowns from Amelia & Macie's Boutique. She is going to do another coop in September...lmk if you want me to add you to the facebook group for her coops. This is one of the orders I've done for this bebe just to give you an example of her work.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...61505608_n.jpg
I'm interested in the co op.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #27
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMeads View Post
I'm interested in the co op.
Here is the link to the facebook group...just go there & request to join. the next coop is in sept.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/321944624544059/
Old 08-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #28
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Not only have I started but I have 50+ newborn diapers. It's crazy. I dunno what happened lol.

I also have a good portion of the stash beyond newborn put together. A VERY good portion.
quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #29
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
I just got some NB workhorse fitteds(since they are freaking cheap right now) and 6 more flats. That will do me for all the diapers I need. Now just gotta get covers... but I am waiting til oct/nov for that. Maybe black friday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah7464 View Post
Well, I ordered 36 newborn workhorse fitteds, 20 doublers for them, 2 disana covers, and some wipes today. I couldn't pass up the $3 per fitted price! I'd say that's a pretty good start. I think I'll need a few more covers and some prefolds but I'm hoping that will last me until the one size diapers I already own start to fit.
I just got my order of NB workhorses today (ordered on Saturday morning and got them before noon on Monday - wow!). I got 1 dozen of both the diapers and doublers and am considering ordering another 12-18. I ran them through one wash/dry and already like them better than the KL0s I've used in the past. And for $3 a diaper, can you really go wrong?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #30
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I indulged and got myself 6 xs BG for the diaper bag and plan on using prefolds covers at home I am in the process of figuring out what covers I want I have prefolds still but any suggestions of cheap nb prefolds? I have plenty of the OS BG once this baby gets big enough.