Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARogers

I'm glad he enjoyed it. Is the area not enclosed? I used to bring DS to run around when DD was still an infant.
No it isn't. There is a small opening. It is smack in the middle of the mall floor. He was ok for about 30 minutes then we had to play block the enterance.

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #12
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Share your "schedule" with me..

I would get one of the those child harnesses that look like a teddy bear backpack or similar. That way he can safely go with you on long walks and use up lots of energy while exploring everything there is to see. I had one for my daughter and she loved it. It gave her so much freedom while I could keep her safe.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
babylove921
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumkinsmommy
I would get one of the those child harnesses that look like a teddy bear backpack or similar. That way he can safely go with you on long walks and use up lots of energy while exploring everything there is to see. I had one for my daughter and she loved it. It gave her so much freedom while I could keep her safe.
Ugggggghhhhhhhhh I said I would never use those things. But I'm sooo close to buying one.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #14
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

We don't get outing due to having one vehicle but here is our schedule. I have a 3 year old and 2 year old and a 4 month old.

Wake up eat breakfast.

Get everyone dressed and ready for the day.

Watch one of our educational shows. Like leapfrog or something.

Then free play while I clean or clean with me. At that age I would give him a wash cloth to play with while you dust or let him put the plastic dishes in the dishwasher, even if they are just thrown in. My kids love to clean now. He could hold the pillow on the floor for you while you make the bed. ....

Then I take time to read or play a game with them.

Lunch time them naps. Baby is on a different nap schedule and 3 year old has quiet time but does not sleep.

After naps I like to have a structured playtime - craft, coloring, painting, blocks, bubbles, color on the window, voice balls. ... This isy chance to start dinner after I get them going.

Them more free play or help me make dinner.

Dinner then time with dad. Reading it wrestling or whatever dad decides to play

Baths and bed.

This is our basic schedule but but each day can varry depending on the needs of the day.

Last edited by jamie714; 08-10-2012 at 04:54 PM.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #15
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Share your "schedule" with me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
Ugggggghhhhhhhhh I said I would never use those things. But I'm sooo close to buying one.

Don't worry yourself over it, go get one. Think about what a great time your little guy would have walking around outside. He would use a lot of energy, you both would get exercise, he would probably be good and tired at nap time.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #16
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD2 is that age. We just found the duplo blocks at the thrift store and she is loving that. She also likes to squish play dough and mix the colors. We color at the table. Most the time we throw the ball for the dog or kick the soccer ball.

6:30-7 She gets up
7:15ish we eat breakfast (she won't eat half asleep)
9-10 nap time sleeps about 2-3 hour
11-1 lunch (time depends on nap length)
2/3 snack time
5/6 dinner
6/7 bath (every few nights, or if she is being cranky)
8/9 bed

The in-between times we free play with the above mentioned activities. If its nice we go to the park, or walk around the mall or even just for a drive. DD cant be stuck inside more than one day before she is bouncing off the walls. And tv is always playing in the back ground.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #17
babylove921
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom
DD2 is that age. We just found the duplo blocks at the thrift store and she is loving that. She also likes to squish play dough and mix the colors. We color at the table. Most the time we throw the ball for the dog or kick the soccer ball.

6:30-7 She gets up
7:15ish we eat breakfast (she won't eat half asleep)
9-10 nap time sleeps about 2-3 hour
11-1 lunch (time depends on nap length)
2/3 snack time
5/6 dinner
6/7 bath (every few nights, or if she is being cranky)
8/9 bed

The in-between times we free play with the above mentioned activities. If its nice we go to the park, or walk around the mall or even just for a drive. DD cant be stuck inside more than one day before she is bouncing off the walls. And tv is always playing in the back ground.
The tv is always on here too. But that makes me feel like an awful parent.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #18
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
If you are on Pinterest you can follow me (same screen name) I pin lots of activities to do with my 19 month old.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921

The tv is always on here too. But that makes me feel like an awful parent.
I don't stress it I did the same with my oldest who is almost 12 and she is high honors in middle school, band student, plays soccer, has been in school since she was 2 weeks from 3 (she PL'ed to go to school so I had to make it happen). She was an only child till 10, never lived around kids has tons of friends.

A child is who they are because of how we raise them. It's hard work being a mom, and I hate quiet so we have music or tv on in the back ground. When my daughters get tired they sit on the couch and snuggle with me an watch tv.

Some times I think to much activities can be an even more over load than tv. Your brain needs time to process the info and zoning out is part of that process. If we like to unwind watching some tv, or get creative juice from it why do we think our children are not the same?

Example my youngest refused to go to bed so we started the movie in bed (don't judge) it is Elmo and a VHS, after about 1 week she now is going to bed without it again. I watch her cues on what she wants and go from there.

Don't stress about not being a good mom. I believe that since you question it then your doing right. Our jobs is to help them get along in this world, and the world is no longer how we grew up. As moms we have to adjust and overcome it, this means questioning everything we do. Hugs it gets better.

ETA Pintrest rocks for crafts and things to do for kids! Mine screen name is Ennedelia Duncan

Last edited by Mac & Cheeses mom; 08-10-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #20
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

I also love pinterest for ideas. I would also like to add about the tv things. I dont keep our tv off because I feel it will harm my children. I keep it off because my kids play better and are calmer without it on. But not all kids are that way. I also keep or off because it's hot here and the tv makes it hotter. In the winter we watch more. I do turn music on for my own sanity/stimulation a lot though. Tv doesn't make you a bad mom. It just means you or your kids have different needs or tolerances. When my oldest was 19 months and my second was an infant I left tv on more. Our needs have changed as they grow. They are in a very imaginative stage now.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote