Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #22
Registered Users
Re: Share your "schedule" with me..

You just have to find a way to get out of the house, every day. Research free activities for kids in your area. I have found local FB groups/mom groups to be the best resources. We have one that lists ALL the kids activities each day and a good number of them are free....all the parks, museums, libraries, classes, etc, etc. We take daily walks...find all the walking trails and get this kid worn out every day with active time. A small living space and a spirited personality is going to be too much for the whole family, really it will just get worse and 2 or 3 activities a week will probably not be enough. If you are needing some help with routine and boundaries, Id like to recommend the books The Baby Whisperer (there are 3 I think) to help you figure out how to transition to parenting a toddler/preschooler versus a baby and how to parent to your child personality.

Keep working at this and dont give up! I highly recommend turning the TV off and getting out of the house. Getting your child involved with other kids because it sounds like he actually really enjoys the activity, just needs time and instruction on boundaries and how to handle himself in public.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote