Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveramongstars
I am hoping that people stop saying "I'm sorry" about my situation, no one touch my belly without my premission, my converse still fit (huge one, i have like 15 pair!), and a smooth pregnacy and delivery. I also wish I get to keep it! And figure out middle names! Lol
Btw this is my first!

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!
Jw but, what do you mean you also wish you get to keep it?

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #12
loveramongstars
Registered Users

Re: Wishes for this pregnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-mum View Post
Jw but, what do you mean you also wish you get to keep it?
If I file for child support, my ex says he'll go for full custody and then give it up for adoption. (short story...)

Lover Among Stars, a blog about my journey as a single mom with my little one.
loveramongstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:22 AM   #13
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

If I file for child support, my ex says he'll go for full custody and then give it up for adoption. (short story...)
Pppsh. What a jerk. You should try to get him recorded saying that (on a phone) and use it in court. If there's a third party in the room with you that he knows is there and "could"potentially be listening, it's admissible.

What a jerk!
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #14
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveramongstars View Post
Sheesh what a jerk. Child support is his responsibility...sounds like he's trying to scare you out of making him pay. There is no way a court would take a baby from it's mother & give it to the father that doesn't even want to keep it...ridiculous.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #15
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:

Just so you can convey this to him- this will never happen. A family court judge would never ever take a nursing infant away from its mother. If anything you ex would be permitted visitations in your presence for the first year and then gradually (and I mean very gradually) he would be granted more one on one custody. My step son is 4 and we are up to almost 30%. Unless you physically give up your custodial rights then you will more than likely be your child's custodial parent for the greater part of it's childhood. Additionally if you have your baby out of state (you're going to work for Disney, no?) and file for child support there, you can pretty much guarantee yourself a court bias as the odds of him prepping and traveling for something like a child support hearing are slim.

I have tons of info on this stuff if you ever want to PM me.

Last edited by brookglen; 08-11-2012 at 09:12 AM.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #16
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveramongstars View Post
I'm not a lawyer or have EVER dealt with divorce let alone child custody. I was under the impression that EVEN if one parent has full custody it didn't mean the other automatically losses parental rights. So in order for that child to be adopted BOTH parents parental rights need to be terminated. BECAUSE (and this is according to my lay person's understanding) the parent who lost custody is still paying or is required to pay child support while a person's whose parental rights have been terminated does not.

PLUS I highly doubt a judge will remove a nursling infant from his mother unless she has some serious drug issues. I think he is just trying to scare you in to not filing for child support. Regardless I take threats like these very seriously so he's forewarned you so get your ducks in a row as well as finding out if you can record what he is saying. ITS DESPICABLE!
Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't be worried about him winning... that's silly. He is just being a pain. I was adopted by my step mom and my step brother was adopted by my dad... I think both parents had to sign over their rights even though they had already lost all custody and visitation rights.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh okay, yes well like everyone has said, that's not gonna happen. Don't worry about it. Just enjoy your pregnancy and when baby Is here if he isn't paying then go right ahead and file for child support. He won't be able to do a thing about it except pay you child support!
Old 08-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #19
abhernandez
Registered Users

Uneventful. That's all I ask for. Oh if I get to be picky, a nice fat full term baby.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #20
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:

i hope to gain on the lower end since i gained ridiculously with other 2...

but mostly i really really want a baby that comes on it's own. my other 2 were induced because they were late. i really want a natural labor and not an induction.