Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2012, 02:16 AM   #51
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Parenting labels. Anyone ever break free?

I just had to post based on my signature, which I updated a only few weeks ago. Up until then, I had been trying to put a name to how I live my life and nothing quite fit. I agree with so much that's been said in this thread.

I'm crunchier than some and not nearly as crunchy as others. I do what works for my family. I babywear because DD hated the stroller the first two years of life. Now, she climbs into the jogging stroller and asks to go for a run. I co-sleep because that's how I was raised and that's how I want to raise my children. I do extended breast feeding because I'm emotionally too lazy to deal with weaning a two year old. Honestly, I haven't read one chapter of any AP book and I still have no real grasp of what AP is.

Advertisement

Last edited by Shimpie; 08-11-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:55 AM   #52
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Been there, done that. Five kids later I'm still learning about parenting. Each kid brings something new to the table. I have AP leanings but would probably get kicked out of an AP group.

I've mellowed. Ten years ago I would have been so sad if i had a friend that wanted to use a crib. I look back and laugh at myself.

If nothing else my mistakes keep me humble.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #53
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
well thats really sweet of you but like we are all saying, we ALL have things to work on and its important to support each other as mothers instead of nitpicking each other.....I need that reminder just the same as anyone else! I am glad to see so many others posting in support of your thread and can see how much of an inspiration and encouragement this thread has been.
So true, there's always room for self-improvement!

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's journey!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #54
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't give myself the AP label but I do do lots of things that happen to be AP (I cosleep, with my 4 and 2 year old), we don't ever do CIO, I baby wore (not so much at home, but out and about), I breastfed all mine for over a year.

We also homeschool so I fit into that label (homeschooler). I'm a SAHM so that's a label. I'm generally politically liberal. And I'm a Christian. I choose to wear skirts every day (I can't even remember the last time I wore pants aside from cullots occasionally).

BUT I pierced DD's ears when she was an infant (and if I have another daughter I'll do it again), we rarely buy organic (it's not in the budget), we eat McDonalds once in a while, my kids drink sprite now and then, we eat cheetoes and chips and other horrible-for-you things (we keep Kool-aid in the house at all times). If homeschooling really isn't working for one child that child will go to public school, I'm okay with this. It works for DS, it's working for DD...we'll see how DS2 it...out upstairs is chock full of plastic MIC toys. I'm okay with all of this. If people don't like it I truly do not care...
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #55
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNae View Post
I don't give myself the AP label but I do do lots of things that happen to be AP (I cosleep, with my 4 and 2 year old), we don't ever do CIO, I baby wore (not so much at home, but out and about), I breastfed all mine for over a year.

We also homeschool so I fit into that label (homeschooler). I'm a SAHM so that's a label. I'm generally politically liberal. And I'm a Christian. I choose to wear skirts every day (I can't even remember the last time I wore pants aside from cullots occasionally).

BUT I pierced DD's ears when she was an infant (and if I have another daughter I'll do it again), we rarely buy organic (it's not in the budget), we eat McDonalds once in a while, my kids drink sprite now and then, we eat cheetoes and chips and other horrible-for-you things (we keep Kool-aid in the house at all times). If homeschooling really isn't working for one child that child will go to public school, I'm okay with this. It works for DS, it's working for DD...we'll see how DS2 it...out upstairs is chock full of plastic MIC toys. I'm okay with all of this. If people don't like it I truly do not care...
Hey, I'm a Christian and liberal myself!

My kiddos love some cheetos. And they get those $2 Happy Meals once a week. Especially right now since they toys are Sponge Bob!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote