Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Benefits of raw or goat's milk?

I LOVE the taste of real, whole raw milk. Just, yum! There is also good bacteria present (think: yogurt type cultures), and this helps many people with digestion. I like the idea of consuming foods that come as close to their natural states as possible, and milk does not naturally appear pasteurized or homogenized. As long as it is coming from a clean, safe source, raw milk is fantastic!

Type1Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

Raw if far better and yes, raw goat's milk is one of the closest milk you can drink next to a mother's breast milk. Then raw cow's and others. Protein structure of the goat's milk is far better than cow's but of course as long as it's raw cow's milk are better choice.

We used to do Horizon, Organic Valley and Stonyfield but we don't buy milk from them any more. Raw milk from the local farm cost us $6/gallon which is cheaper than what we find around here.

It's far more beneficial drinking raw. No enzymes are destroyed, all minerals are intact while pasteurization kills many of the minerals and enzymes. I'm lactose intolerant but can drink raw just fine. The worst is pasteurized AND homogenized on top.
PBAki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #13
Registered Users

Raw milk is great for you because the enzymes have not been destroyed by pasturization (sp). Grocery store milk is basically dead since it has been heat treated. Raw milk makes the calcuim and nutirents bioavailable to your body. Just be sure the dairy where you get it does regular testing on their milk.
momof3BBs is offline   Reply With Quote