Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #31
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I got some xs prefolds and two covers. We've never used those before so I'm looking forward to it! I love that they will dry much quicker than the xs BG we have. I think we are good for the nb stage but we def need some small diapers. I recall DD didn't fit in her xs for very long.

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #32
Sarah7464
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diaper stashes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
I just got my order of NB workhorses today (ordered on Saturday morning and got them before noon on Monday - wow!). I got 1 dozen of both the diapers and doublers and am considering ordering another 12-18. I ran them through one wash/dry and already like them better than the KL0s I've used in the past. And for $3 a diaper, can you really go wrong?
I can't wait to get mine!
Sarah7464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #33
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My favorite diapering system from my last baby was flip and blueberry OS covers with a variety of inserts/prefolds. I started EC when he was about 5-6mos old but hope to start from birth this time. I made a few tiny undies with soaker layers from an online pattern so we'll see how that works! I also wanted to get some smaller dipes since the covers I have are OS and tend to be bulky at first. I've been very curious about trying wool and got a few small wool covers on here, and will try and make some of my own wool soakers with upcycled wool.

Visit my Etsy shop, Gwendylicious!
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #34
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm pretty much done buying diapers unless more Grovia NBs come on Babysteals. I have about 20 NB diapers, Grovia, Lil' Joeys and Swaddlebees. I then have all of my previous diapers from my boys and they are in good shape. Big assortment.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #35
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Are you planning on being right on schedule on wash day? I have a friend that says 40 total is pushing it so maybe 50 to 60 for twins.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #36
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've overbought on newborn diapers. I have close to 40 different fitted diapers, a few bg xs, and tiny g's. I'm thinking about selling some off. I know I don't need that many diapers. Maybe I can find someone local looking to buy.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #37
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I started with a bunch of xs bg's but then I started thinking about how much money I spent and how I didn't need them so I sold them (making my money back fortunately) and opted for prefolds and covers instead. I got 12 nb gmd prefolds and 12 small gmd prefolds along with 8 nb gmd workhorse diapers. I am also in the process of making 10 nb fitteds out of some large prefolds I had laying around so hopefully that goes well. I have a mix of PUL and wool covers. I know that I should have plenty to get through BUT when I saw the grovia seconds sale and the nb aio's on sale for $9 I really, really, wanted to buy some. I did talk myself out of it. No more nb diapers!!!

I went back and read my previous post where I only had 6 of the xs bg... well it grew to over 12 since then and now and then down to 0.. funny how my stash changed and there is still months to go!

Last edited by Ainmemphis; 10-25-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Ainmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #38
Ashtyn(n)Nyla'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have some nb stuff left over from ds2. Actually most of it is preemie, but anyway I have 48 prefolds, (24 preemie, 24 nb) and 6 covers. I also have some longies etc., but most of them are blue and with this baby being a girl I think I'll probably knit some purple.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #39
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Io have friend with twins says 20 each is tight if u don't get washed right away. I have enough for about 20 each (baby & toddler). So maybe enough for 30 each. Not sure on prefold supplies though as I have pockets.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #40
made4this
Active Contributor
Formerly: boyfarm3
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezpoofs View Post
Yes, I have one box of newborn disposables.

I am not doing cloth for a newborn this time around. The newborn size doesn't fit for long and while they do retain high resale value, we still don't think it's a cost savings to use cloth with a newborn. I hated almost all of the diapers I had for my second son (the two I liked were BumGenius all-in-ones and XS Fuzzibunz) and none worked well for him because he's a super soaker. I'll be using disposables for the new baby until he/ she fits into the diapers I already have.
I would probably be right there with you if a friend had not just lent me a big NB stash. All I am planning to buy is a couple dozen pfs and I'm having some stay-dry sleeves made. Twins might be in the NB size longer, though.
made4this is offline   Reply With Quote