Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #11
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mirena-would you keep it?

I stuck it out for 2 years and wish I'd yanked it sooner. If it doesn't feel right, then don't keep it.

I had:
weight gain 1lb per month for 2 years
acne
moodiness
lack of concentration
lack of memory
lack of libido
10 day periods and 29 day cycles. Tell me that doesn't suck.
uncomfortable DTD
I bled for 10 weeks after insertion

Like I said, I should have yanked and didn't. Within just a few days after removing it, I felt like a million bucks.

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
blesdfish
Registered Users

My Mood:

Update

I got it taken out Thursday. My OB wanted me to wait a few more weeks but I was honestly afraid I would hurt someone... I felt like I was living under a black cloud. I was really sensitive to noise, probably from the headaches, and I would get really upset when there was noise. Hello! I have four kids, I was upset all the time! I felt fine right after it was out, it was amazing how fast. Anyway, I started charting again. OB said my cycles may be irregular due to mirena and being pp.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #13
Kap7270
Registered Users

So glad that you're feeling better!
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
MamaMiza
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would 100% say get that out NOW! Tell that doctor that you want it out asap.
If the hormones are causing you that much grief now then imagine what it could be doing to you in the long run D:
MamaMiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #15
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mirena-would you keep it? Update post#12

yeah i was scared that would happen to me which is why i chose to get the paragard
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #16
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blesdfish
Update

I got it taken out Thursday. My OB wanted me to wait a few more weeks but I was honestly afraid I would hurt someone... I felt like I was living under a black cloud. I was really sensitive to noise, probably from the headaches, and I would get really upset when there was noise. Hello! I have four kids, I was upset all the time! I felt fine right after it was out, it was amazing how fast. Anyway, I started charting again. OB said my cycles may be irregular due to mirena and being pp.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Glad you got it out and are feeling better. Funny how immediate that change can be, huh?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Does anyone have good experience with this thing? I have mine on order, but haven't received/installed it yet.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #18
Shel9365
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfgirl View Post
Does anyone have good experience with this thing? I have mine on order, but haven't received/installed it yet.
I loved mine! Had it for about two years. After the first few months I had no period. The only downside was when I went to get it out, we couldn't find the strings! That was my fault though because I wasn't checking for them. After three attempts it finally came out with forceps. Ouch! I got a BFP two weeks after it came out.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #19
blesdfish
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shel9365 View Post
I loved mine! Had it for about two years. After the first few months I had no period. The only downside was when I went to get it out, we couldn't find the strings! That was my fault though because I wasn't checking for them. After three attempts it finally came out with forceps. Ouch! I got a BFP two weeks after it came out.
I was hoping this would be my story as well (the "I love it" not the "it got lost"). It seems like women either love it or hate it. My bf had one for two weeks and she was in pain the whole time, found out it had perforated and they couldn't find it. Dr. said it probably perforated during insertion, They found it in the fatty tissue around her liver. She was a "hate it" obviously, and couldn't fathom why I would subject myself to those risks... Now I agree with her, now that I know how terrible it was for me.
I guess my point is no one can decide for you, you may have no problem with it, you may hate it, you won't know until you try it. Good luck!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
MelandMack
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I love mine. Had it for the full 5 years with no problems. Had it removed and another immediatly inserted that day......still love it!

I am 99% sure I am done having kids but that 1% keeps me from doing anything permanent so the Mirena is a great option for me.
Fleece Diapering Items- www.wildchildforbabies.etsy.com - **Goodbye Sale**- All reminaing fleece is stocked. Use Coupon Code GOODBYE25 for 25% off orders of $15 or GOODBYE to save an extra 10% on any order.
MelandMack is offline   Reply With Quote