Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by expaik
Well, here's where you need to decide whether you're just willing to let the small things go - i.e. swallow a little loss - for the sake of peace and goodwill.

I think technically you are entitled to demand that she pay return shipping.

But if you can work it out such that she can send you enough to make up for the $5 shipping, I personally would do it. In the spirit of "we're all in this together." You're saying the $5 could be put to another trade, but here you have a mama offering to add more stuff into your package, for that same $5, so in the end isn't it all the same? Especially if the items she is offering are things you are ISO anyway..
This. Is the additional conflict worth $5? Your call...

Advertisement

Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Re: Question about a glitch in trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb View Post
This. Is the additional conflict worth $5? Your call...
I gently let her know I was reluctant to pay more in shipping and asked if there was any way she could paypal the $5 to cover it. If she says she can't or won't than I'll just request extra items like she suggested to make up the difference. I am not going to demand she pay although I really feel she should as it was her mistake but I don't want to be an utter pain about it so this was my last attempt to see if she could pay shipping. And from here on out I probably will request a picture of the size of the shoes to ensure they are the correct size

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

UPDATE: So she still didn't seem to want to pay return shipping so I asked what she had in mind to compensate for the shipping since if I was going to use paypal to send back the shoes I would like to get something I really needed/wanted. She then messaged me pretty irate saying that I'm being unfair asking her to pay to ship new items and ask for her to pay "my" shipping (not really "my" shipping since I would have been happy to keep the shoes if they had been the correct size) just because of a size mistake. Yes a mistake she made, not me. She said she would be out x amount in shipping plus the items (the items I already traded my items to equal). She said that she was being treated unfairly and it would be so much easier if I would just try to trade the shoes or sell them on eBay. Yes so much easier for her (it would mean everything to right this would be on me ). She said it sounded like I wanted to be compensated for the trouble. I messaged back and told her that I know it's frustrating to be out more shipping but how much more frustrating for me to be out more shipping. I do feel I should at least be fairly compensated for the shipping yes and I feel she is expecting me to accept partial responsibility for the mistake when I had nothing to do with it. So I told her that I would just go ahead and pay to ship back the shoes and than how about her shipping X,Y, and Z as replacements and we would call it even. She hasn't messaged back but did read the message early this morning and has been on again since than. Oh boy I'm just ready to be done with this!

ISO/IHA

Last edited by jackobeano; 08-15-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by expaik View Post
Well, here's where you need to decide whether you're just willing to let the small things go - i.e. swallow a little loss - for the sake of peace and goodwill.

I think technically you are entitled to demand that she pay return shipping.

But if you can work it out such that she can send you enough to make up for the $5 shipping, I personally would do it. In the spirit of "we're all in this together." You're saying the $5 could be put to another trade, but here you have a mama offering to add more stuff into your package, for that same $5, so in the end isn't it all the same? Especially if the items she is offering are things you are ISO anyway..
She could trade something she doesn't need for something she does. Essentially she is now buying five dollars worth of stuff she may or may not want for five dollars. This doesn't seem fair to me. I feel the other person should pay for the exchange or even let her keep the shoes and send her different ones.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about a glitch in trade *8/15 UPDATE in Post #13*

please contact a team member if you need assistance
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #16
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
please contact a team member if you need assistance
She just messaged me back and I think we've got it worked out now, thank you

ISO/IHA
Old 08-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #17
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

glad it seems to have worked out mama, hopefully you can be done with it, sounds like a frustrating situation!
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #18
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors View Post
glad it seems to have worked out mama, hopefully you can be done with it, sounds like a frustrating situation!
It has been frustrating but when she messaged back she was very understanding and nice about it which was awesome! Maybe she was just having a bad day yesterday, you never know but I'll just give her the benefit of the doubt and move forward as pleasantly as possible Either way she's being good about making it right now.

ISO/IHA

Last edited by jackobeano; 08-15-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #19
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Oh spoke too soon, she had said keep the shoes and she'll send me a few things still. Okay, great, right? She said she would send me pictures of the items I was interested in. Then all the sudden she says never mind she doesn't want to part with said items Um okay why would you still be offering to send pictures just the last message. Plus these were the items we were talking about the whole time we were trying to get shipping worked out. So now she wants me to take other items I don't really want/need just because she's offering and she had said she would allow me to not send the shoes back. Well that's not fair. But she's saying she's sticking herself out there to offer me items she thought I might like and now she's feeling taken advantage of. WHAT?! She's the one that offered the items she was suppose to be taking pictures of. Now I gave her two options that would work for me but am waiting to hear back. In the mean time I'm going to PM a mod. I am soooooo done with this and just want it to be over. I feel like I'm dealing with a dual personality

ISO/IHA
Old 08-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #20
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Question about a glitch in trade *8/16 ANOTHER UPDATE in Post #19*

contact a mod mama! She mad a mistake its on her to make it right by either paying you for your items or sending you different items that you want, you dont need to take things you dont need just because she offered
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote