Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Has anyone seen polyamorous: Married and dating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadybugS View Post
Surprisingly, no... we have not watched that show!

We need our own show over here.
You do! I was looking forward to watching the show and although it is interesting in a "skinamax" sort of way it does not really show the normalcy of a poly family. I have known(casually) 2 poly families in RL and have followed you on here. The show is ALL about sex! They are skipping the daily life. I can't imagine that your home is running like an orgy while you are making lentil rice casserole

Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
You do! I was looking forward to watching the show and although it is interesting in a "skinamax" sort of way it does not really show the normalcy of a poly family. I have known(casually) 2 poly families in RL and have followed you on here. The show is ALL about sex! They are skipping the daily life. I can't imagine that your home is running like an orgy while you are making lentil rice casserole
Oh my word, no!

That's kinda sad that they're skipping the daily life of these families... I think that would be a bit more interesting to folks than the sex aspect. Or, I'd hope it would be a bit more interesting to folks than the sex aspect. And I think if there were a show out there which showed these poly families are human beings, Moms and Dads, good people, not trying to hurt anybody, with children who are NOT screwed up by having a unique family dynamic, that would go a long way to helping minimize the stigma we sometimes face.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #13
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

ahhhh so its just a bunch of sex. See thats not what i want. I'd love another "wife". A mother helper, who can also "please" DH when I cant, or dont feel like it. a babysitter. it'd be great.
*one handed typing, while baby is bouncing on my knee*
Old 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not heard of it. If it were more educational, Id be all over it. Im familiar with poly principles. I respect the idea of it in theory, but its not for me in practice. Im way too germ phobic to imagine having many lovers and those lovers having many lovers, although I do think I could handle it emotionally.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #15
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

DP

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 08-16-2012 at 02:34 PM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #16
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
I watch it every week. Doesn really do the lifestyle much justice. Its alllll about sex. Seriously the pod (they have up to 10 lovers) have sex all.day.long. The head wifey lady is so touchy feely it grosses me out. Lol.

It is on showtime. Been on for over a month now.

The triad is a little more normal.

Its a fun watch but it really is just soft ****.
exactly! and where's the kid?

I watched 2 episodes on demand a few weeks ago, oh my. Like people said I was hoping it would focus on their daily lives, more like how Sister Wives is.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #17
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
ahhhh so its just a bunch of sex. See thats not what i want. I'd love another "wife". A mother helper, who can also "please" DH when I cant, or dont feel like it. a babysitter. it'd be great.
*one handed typing, while baby is bouncing on my knee*
Ha Ha, dh was working on our kitchen yesterday and couldn't get ahold of any friends to come help him move a section of cabinets. He said "I need a husband to help me with this!" I laughed and said I needed a wife to cook and clean for me. I'd be all for living with another couple and sharing house-hold duties but no one better ever touch or 'please' my dh but me. Although we dtd pretty much daily so I don't think he has any needs un-met. We do have a divorced guy friend that has a teenage daughter that we seriously talked about inviting to live with us because they'd be so helpful but they got a place on their own. He still comes to help and hang out a lot but it sure would be convenient if he lived here!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #18
mom22sofar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Weird this thread got moved. Guess it wasn't off topic enough! I am super interested to see how they make it work, but sounds like that isn't the focus. I am way too white bread to pull it off, but totally fascinated by other lifestyles and how others get over the obstacles (jealousy) I just know I never could! I just think others way of life is so interesting, maybe b/c I am so mainstream!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #19
JayJaysMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nope but I'm gonna have to check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/SunshineJoiYT
http://hyenacart.com/stores/SunshineClothDiapers/
JayJaysMama is offline   Reply With Quote