Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
ALL Pancake Recipes PLEASE!!!

I am IN LOVE with Pumpkin pancakes...BUT I cannot make them to save my life...period. Here is the recipe I used, please criticque if you can, or suggest another recipe, even if it's not pumpkin. I would like something healthier than regular old flour, buttermilk pancakes. Something I can use WW Flour, Oat flour, etc. I have two teen girls and a toddler who loves pancakes but I just don't feel like they are a good bfast idea when just regular pancakes...am I missing something?

2 1/2 c King Arthur Unbleached WW Flour
1/2 c Ground Flax
2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Real Vanilla Extract
4 Eggs
3 1/2 c. Milk (I used a bit more to get the right consistency at the end)
1 can Pureed Pumpkin
1/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter

Sift all dry ingredients, make a hole
Mix all wet ingredients (I mix everything but butter, then slowly whisk it in to the cold milk/egg mixture so it makes little solid butter particles) together
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until smooth.

Cooked on a pancake griddle set to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

They stay gummy in the middle, can this be the flax? I am cooking them long enough. I EVEN tried putting them on a stoneware sheet and in the oven at 325 for 25 mins (checking every 5 minutes or less) and they were STILL gummy, but the outsides were crispy! I am so ready to give up on this....my other idea is to make Pumpkin Bread and do French Toast...PLEASE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP PPP!!!

SAHM to 4 AMAZING kids, DD 18 DD 17, and DS 4 DS2 with LAST BABY , due July 20th
ISO: Wool & Prefolds (Large & X Large) IHA: https://picasaweb.google.com/1050797...eat=directlink
CM6755 is offline   Reply With Quote