Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
bouncybebebum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
4.5 month old wakes up SCREAMING

I'm not sure why but some nights my daughter will be completely asleep but SCREAMING like something is either hurting her or shes terrified?? She'll still be completely asleep the entire time. The first time it happened it scared me so badly, I ran in flipped the light on grabbed her out of the bed and even stripped her completely naked to make sure nothing was on her or in her sleep sack. (Somehow she was still asleep through this lol) But nothing was wrong and she was screaming! I had night terrors when I was younger, can a 4.5 month old have night terrors?? I always just snuggle her up so close and sing her back to sleep and that works, but I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through this?

Advertisement

bouncybebebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 4.5 month old wakes up SCREAMING

I'm no expert but I am pretty sure a child can have night terrors at any age. I would do what you are doing, comforter her in her sleep. At such a young age you have to imagine that the biggest fears they could be having is loosing Mom, so hearing/feeling you in her sleep is best.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

It's not impossible, but that would be very young for night terrors. How long did the screaming last? DD started getting night terrors at around 13 mos; they started out lasting about 10-15 min, & over time have stretched to 30 min or so. OTOH, at about 4-5 mos, DD started yelling/crying in her sleep, sometimes multiple times per night, but the episodes were brief (just 1-2 min, which feels like hours when you are awakened from a dead sleep ) & were gut pain b/c of lactose intolerance. We didn't know & just thought it was the longest teething in the world . But it did stop as soon as we switched her over to soy products at 12 mos. We recently reintroduced regular yogurt, & while we thankfully haven't had any diarrhea with it, there has been some night fussing for the first time (to any significant extent) in nearly 18 mos.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

DP, awesome.

Last edited by carriek38; 08-20-2012 at 09:45 AM.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

My 7month old DS will occasionally scream like he is terrified in his sleep but not as bad as my 2 year old DD. I dont remember when it started but my daughter will kick, scream, cry, and yell in her sleep at least twice a night :-/
Old 08-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
bouncybebebum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It feels like forever but probably just a couple of minutes. Shes on hypoallergenic formula and takes prilosec for her reflux twice a day. I also give her gas drops before bed and always do some bicycling with her legs just in case
bouncybebebum is offline   Reply With Quote