Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Want to get or do something special for my boys..

DS1 is 7 years old, and he has been SOOOO helpful during this pregnancy. If he wakes up before me, he gets his brothers breakfast (pours cereal or makes PB&J's) for himself and his brothers because he knows how tired I've been. He's gotten things for me or done things for his brothers when I'm too tried or sore to get up. And lately he's been really helpful and wants to help me clean when I go into nesting mode.

I want to do something special for him, or get something special for him as an appreciation gift. And of course if I get something for him I have to do something for his brothers (5 in November, and 2 1/2).

It'll wait until DH gets a paycheck, of course.

The kids have tons of toys... so don't want to do toys. But not sure what to do. Maybe go out to dinner just him and me for some special time just the two of us? Which he rarely gets? And then later let daddy take the other two boys out for ice cream so that they feel special too?

Maybe take him somewhere to get special stickers for his skateboard?

Anyone have any other thoughts or ideas?

God bless!

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

How sweet! What a good little fella. I would do something one on one with him: lunch, a movie, a museum, build-a-bear, a local event (ball game, art/music), even just you & him and a picnic at the park, something special that you both can enjoy and remember. And make the trip just about him (& you); in other words, don't run errands during your outing. Most of all, have fun!!
HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Want to get or do something special for my boys..

I have a 6 yr old and he would be thrilled if I took him to a ball game - he is a HUGE sports fan! I think what you do for your boy should be based on something he loves. It's really special when they know you picked it out just for them.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:41 AM   #4
adoreachild
Registered Users

I think you should go on a picnic to his favorite place. This will give more happiness to him.
adoreachild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #5
alyssa&rylan's-mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree, something that you do together that he really enjoys will mean a lot more in the long run than something that you can buy. What a sweet little boy
alyssa&rylan's-mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies.. I'm leaning towards a dinner out with him, and he gets to pick the restaurant and it's just the two of us.. followed by ice cream at Marble Slab. And add to that a coupon book that he can redeem for extra stuff... like staying up a half hour late, or pick a movie rental, request a special desert one night, a night sleep in my bed...

Someone else suggested that since he's show how grown up he's getting, to talk to him about it and reward him with a special privelege.. like bed time a half hour later, or something like that. I like that idea, except my 4yr old would HAVE A FIT. LOL

Thoughts?
Thanks for the great advice.
God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I figured it out! DS1 LOVES coffee, but of course it's VERY RARE that I let him have any.

I'm going to tell him how much I apprecate how grown up he's been acting.. helping with his brothers, helping me out when I can't (or don't want) to move much, and just growing up in general... I'm going to print off a coupon "redeemable at any coffee shop for the grown-up coffee drink of your choice." And just the two of us go have a cup of coffee at a coffee shop together, a VERY grown up thing to do.

God bless!