Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Gerber Good Start Soothe

Has anyone tried Good Start Soothe? It's supposed to be good for babies with milk sensitivity, but yet it's not hypoallergenic. DD is 3 months and has been on Nutramigen for roughly 3ish months and it would be nice to have her on a more affordable formula. But I'm afraid to try it. She got so much better once she was on it.

DS literally only did good on Similac Sensitive and the one time we tried him on a good start gentle he got really bad. But maybe if it was the Soothe he would have been fine.

Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
susan6070
Registered Users
seller
seller

According to the dietitian from gerber, all their formula have the basic recipe. They use partially broken down whey protein and add probiotic or prebiotics. If I remember correctly, it's not suitable for babies with milk sensitivity or intolerance. I could be wrong.
We tried the soothe version because we wanted to see if L. reuteri would actually help but then we found out that my baby was milk and corn sensitive.
My baby is taking Alimentum RTF and I totally feel your pain. Look on the bright side, at least they are not on Neocate or Elecare. Those are pricey. My baby was on them for a few weeks.
susan6070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Gerber Good Start Soothe

Thanks! It is a good positive that it's not elecare.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
clnapoli
Registered Users
seller

I tried soothe and hated it. I found that it didn't mix at all! There were so many lumps My LO is on Enfamil Gentlease now and I like it so much better.
clnapoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by clnapoli View Post
I tried soothe and hated it. I found that it didn't mix at all! There were so many lumps My LO is on Enfamil Gentlease now and I like it so much better.
If you heat the water it mixes perfectly. We are on the gentle version.
busyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
laura1982
Registered Users
seller

Have you checked with your doctor? My baby has a milk protein intolerance and has been on Similac Alimentum (so expensive, ugh). Our pediatric gastroenterologist said we could try GoodStart or GentleEase when she turns 8 months, but not before. Personally, I am not willing to switch things up without the guidance of my doc.
laura1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #7
3girlsallnaughty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nutramigen AA is $55/can here...and its 1 level scoop to 1oz/water..not like other formulas that are 1s/2oz....we are apending roughly $850-$900/m and he's only 5m

It's a Boy!! Due April 30th!!
3girlsallnaughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #8
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are going to see a pediatrician tomorrow. Otherwise we are staying with nutramigen for the time being. I was just curious about the new Good Start. They made it seem like it was similar to Nutramigen.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #9
laura1982
Registered Users
seller

Keep us posted. Good luck!
laura1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #10
angelalaws09
Registered Users

we have been using nutramigen and the GI dr suggested we try gerber good start gentle or soothe around 6 months to see if he can tolerate it better now. It was a no go. :-( He is 8 months now and we will probably try again around 9 months. I wish we could spend less on formula, Nutramigen is killing our bank account but he is worth every penny!!
angelalaws09 is offline   Reply With Quote