Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
mariannec32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Room Sharing

My DS will be turning 3 in October and I am due with our 2nd boy on Feb 4th. My husband and I would like the boys to share a room since our extra bedroom is used for my work. I know younger kids tend to love sharing rooms, but how soon can I put the boys together?

A little bit about my DS... He was born extremely colic-y and has never really established great sleeping habits. We put him down in his own bed every night, but like clockwork, every night at 11:30 he wakes and sleeps the rest of the night in our bed. Sometimes he cries out, sometimes he will just get up quietly and come in our room himself. We've tried keeping him in his room all night, but that's another story. We tend to follow the path of least resistance! He rarely naps anymore. If he naps, he takes at least an hour to settle at night despite our consistent bed time routine.

Anyway, I plan on having the new baby in our room for a few months anyway, but am I crazy to hope things will work out ok putting the boys together when I feel the baby is ready to be in another bedroom? Am I crazy to *HOPE* this might make my DS less lonely at night and motivate him to stay in his room all night?

When is generally an ok time to put kids together? Pro's, Cons? Any tips or advice??? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

ISO: New or EUC Planetwise hanging/large wetbags, Simplex OS, bamboo prefolds.
mariannec32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Room Sharing

U probably could really soondepnding on new baby temperment. We will b sharing too as our house is 3 bedrooms & 3 kids.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Our one won't b 2 yet & just getting ok with toddler bed. 2 girls so far & new one about ur second soon to b in ffeb. We don't know sex yet.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
mariannec32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons
U probably could really soondepnding on new baby temperment. We will b sharing too as our house is 3 bedrooms & 3 kids.
That's what I was thinking... I'm sure most of my questions will be answered when we know more about the new baby's temperament. Good luck with your LO! Hope it goes smooth.

Anybody else want to chime in?

ISO: New or EUC Planetwise hanging/large wetbags, Simplex OS, bamboo prefolds.
mariannec32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This is what we are currently trying to figure out. We live in a 2 bedroom townhouse, and have two girls. 2.5 and 7 weeks. LO has been in our room up to now, but she's starting to be over that newborn-and-can-sleep-through-anything phase and consistently wakes up when DH gets up to leave for work at 5:30. I wouldn't mind so much except that I can't get her down before 1:00am, and she usually eats once in between as well. But on the weekends when DH doesn't get up, she sleeps significantly longer. We're trying to decide how catastrophic it would be to put them together. DD1 is a pretty heavy sleeper until about 6:00. She'll sleep until 8 if it's quiet, but doesn't sleep through much at 6 and after. I think she'd sleep through night feedings, but not early morning ones. We may try it tonight and see how it goes. I don't mind shifting our whole morning schedule up a few hours as long as everyone goes to bed earlier. I'm just terrified that we'll shift it up and not be able to get them down earlier.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We planned on putting ours together around 4 months old (DS2) but DS2 cried all the time. ALL.THE.TIME so there was no way he went in with big brother. DS1 was a fantastic baby/sleeper so we were at a loss with DS2. He stayed in our room for a year. And he cried all the time for that year.

Now normal crying we would still put them together because you want them to learn to sleep through things but what DS2 was not normal..lol.

I say if new baby is a good sleeper, go for it and they will learn to fall back asleep if they get woken up. You could also try a sound machine to help both back to sleep.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote