Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Re: Under 2 years apart?

My gaps are 13 months, 17 months, would have been 16 months (we lost her to a cord accident) and now my youngest is 26 months and I am 39.5 weeks pregnant. So far the close spacing was easy. My first 3 were all born in 2.5 years and the hardest part was being super pregnant with the third and still having to bend over, pick them up, change diapers, etc. They are now 4, 3, and 2 and it is easier being super pregnant because they can all walk and are potty trained! Jealousy wise we had no issues the first time.. I'm a little worried about my 2 year old with this one though, this will be my first time having a big gap. But close in age was easy & fun especially with the first 2!

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #12
4kids4me
Registered Users

I have a 16.5 month spacing between my youngest 2. They are now only 21 months and 4.5 months. Let's just say it's easier not to leave the house. lol
Old 08-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #13
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My first 2 are 18 month apart and my 2nd and 3rd are 19 month apart. I LOVE the spacing. It was hard the first couple months, but now my 4.5year old and 3 year old are inseprable. They can play together for hours with me hearing "im bored". Its great!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebabies View Post
My first two are 16 mo apart, and #2 and #3 are 17 mo apart. I love the spacing! Having two under two was really not bad at all. We hung out in the living room a lot for the first few months (we gated off the whole thing so it was a safe area for my 16 mo when I had a NB). She could play and I would sit in my big chair and nurse and talk to her. The best thing that happened was the baby got on the same nap routine because I'd put #1 down for a nap and then take #2 to bed with me and take a nap. So they've napped at the same time since birth, basically. I'm doing the same thing with #3 also, and it helps because I have a little chance to nap or fold laundry or something. I'd encourage you to get a good carrier for the baby so you can be hands free around the house, and only have one kid to have to hang onto when you're out.

You can do it, mama! Just take it one day at a time, and you'll find what works best for your family. Fwiw, I think it actually got easier for me having two than one because they could entertain each other!
Hopefully your kids nap for a long time too, op! My older two stopped napping (on their own) around 15 months. The baby still haps at 18 months, which is AMAZING! They all went down to one nap at around 9 months too (when they started walking),.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #15
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My #2 and #3 are 13 months apart, then #4 and #5 are a little less than 2 years apart. My #5 and #6 (due in December) will be about 19 months apart.

Honestly, none of them have been overly difficult to handle, and I work full time out of the home. But my kids go with me, so that makes it a little easier.

Once the baby starts STTN, its a piece of cake. And baby wearing helps tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

my 1st 2 are 14 mo apart. Easiest age space, in my opinion. (My others are 20 mo, 23mo, 12 yrs and 2 yrs apart).
Old 08-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #17
dreamingoffireflies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebabies View Post
We hung out in the living room a lot for the first few months (we gated off the whole thing so it was a safe area for my 16 mo when I had a NB). She could play and I would sit in my big chair and nurse and talk to her.
Do you have ideas for how to keep an under 2 year old busy while nursing without resorting to tv? What if they are really active (climbing things, etc) while you're stuck on the couch?

My ISO/IHA
dreamingoffireflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #18
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
That's how my sil has 8 kids. But I hear potty training easy. When u do one the other is close to follow ( my mil & my cousin). I have bigger gap of 6.5 yrs or so & older most of the time helps at night pick ups, diaper grabber, small towel folder......
It is totally true!
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #19
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingoffireflies View Post
Do you have ideas for how to keep an under 2 year old busy while nursing without resorting to tv? What if they are really active (climbing things, etc) while you're stuck on the couch?
I have brought in a lot of "outside" toys into the house while nursing newborns. So its kind of like a indoor playground. We have used a playhouse, and a firetruck. My kids also liked these giant coloring floor mats you could wash off.
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #20
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingoffireflies

Well, my oldest is a girl, so she was pretty happy playing on the floor with her baby dolls, reading books, etc. My second is a boy, and he's much more active and a climber! He has his big sister to play with though, so he's not completely on his own. He has a little people racetrack that he runs cars on, and that keeps him occupied for awhile, as well as a little ride-on car with all kinds of bells and whistles that he can use in the living room. We don't have tv, and I try really hard to not have them watching movies all the time, so I totally get your question. One thing I'd recommend is maybe having some little "training sessions" now before the LO is here to teach him to respond to your voice if you say, "get down" or "come here". You could also have a box of toys that he only gets while you're nursing so they hold his interest. I would also sing song to my kids sometimes, even make up songs with lots of motions that they could do with me (clap, jump, dance, etc.). And honestly, our gate configuration was a life saver...I have two superyards, and they fence in the whole living room around the couches and main furniture, but keep the kids away from the computer desk, fireplace, etc. It's like the whole living room was a big play pen.