Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Robin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Shipping to Canada

I have a few questions about shipping to Canada. I know first class is the cheapest, but does not have any tracking. So, I was looking at priority international, when I noticed the fine print. "Tracking not available for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes." Ugh. So, how could I mail something to Canada without paying $30+ but still protecting myself from any possible paypal dispute? Is there a way?

Advertisement

Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Shipping to Canada

II'm using u-pic to insure some international packages...i haven't had to file a claim or anything, so i can't attest to its customer service, but i know a lot of people use it. It's pretty cheap.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
You can get insurance in case they buyer says it doesn't show up and wants a refund, but beyond that, nope. That's the risk you take shipping to Canada. You'll have the customs number and know when it hits the border, but not beyond.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Get insurance. It protects you is the parcel goes missing or if it gets damaged or stolen. There's no way to track if it comes from this side of the border either, but I don't worry about it because it's insured up to $100.

That said, I've ordered stuff from the US, probably over 100 packages in the last 10 years. Only once has one gone missing and that's because the WAHM used the wrong address. That's packages from here, spots, HC, eBay, etsy and a variety of other stores. Only once has there ever been a problem.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #5
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

you cant unfortunately. I would suggest purchasing insurance then if your buyer claims it never arrived you will not be out your money.
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote