Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
pinky74
Registered Users
seller
seller

Need advice on a recent transaction (not here)

I was approached for an order and asked to follow the tutorial. I did. 1 of the items is now being claimed to not be the correct size to what item she had already. My take is that the tutorial provided a pattern, which was scaled correctly. I know this because the other item off the same pattern is fine for the customer. I am torn because I always try to please the customer, but I don't feel I did anything wrong. I didn't pick the tutorial, the customer did and specifically ask that I follow it. Now the customer wants me to remake at my cost. The other items wouldn't be resellable for me. What would you do or expect? Mind you, the quality is not in question, just the size.

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Need advice on a recent transaction (not here)

If you followed the pattern/tutorial as requested by the customer then i dont feel like you are obligated to refund or replace the item. How can one be right and the other be wrong if they came from the same pattern? are they not the same size?

Also perhaps the other one is not actually the size she thinks it is? maybe whoever made that diaper tweaked the pattern, who knows really. Maybe her other one is stretched out, or has relaxed elastics so now it appears larger and fits differently

I feel like if you followed the pattern and made it in the requested size then i dont know what else she expects, wouldnt the new item be the same anyway? (assuming you decided you wanted to replace it?)
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
pinky74
Registered Users
seller
seller

She actually wants me to remake with an insert she has, which to me is not the tutorial. The problem is that the pattern said tiny/small for the smaller one. The tutorial is also several years old. I am guess the tutorial took the smaller of the two to make the size pattern. I am seeing now that tiny and small are actually two different sizes. I guess if I thought they were resellable I wouldn't have such a dilemma.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky74
She actually wants me to remake with an insert she has, which to me is not the tutorial. The problem is that the pattern said tiny/small for the smaller one. The tutorial is also several years old. I am guess the tutorial took the smaller of the two to make the size pattern. I am seeing now that tiny and small are actually two different sizes. I guess if I thought they were resellable I wouldn't have such a dilemma.
I feel for her, but she gave you a pattern. You followed it. It's not your fault the pattern she gave you was smaller than she wanted. IMO you have no obligation to remake using her insert. She should've asked that to begin with if that's the exact size and pattern she wanted. Using the insert is an entirely new request IMO.

If you /want/ to do it to keep her happy, that's entirely your choice. But I fail to see your fault in any of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote