Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #31
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: I am SO done buying used!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlest_one View Post
I'm a bargain shopper too... but I'd say most of my purchases were as expected, a few were better than I could have imagined, and a few I was disappointed with. What gets under my skin is when I DO ask specifically about loose elastic or wear along edges and their interpretation of what is "good" is vastly different from mine.

When I eventually list my stash for sale, I won't use GUC or EUC and simply describe each one regarding every aspect. My diapers will have gone through a minimum of three children (mine) and most I did get used so it's pretty safe to say even that they've been through four children. They don't owe us anything... and I intend to price them LOW and hope they go to people who genuinely need them.
This this this.

Advertisement

themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #32
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been pleased with most of the diapers that I've purchased here. I only had a couple of issues in the beginning when I didn't know that I needed to be more specific in asking detailed questions and asking for more detailed pics so I ended up w/ less than I expected but it was really my fault because I didn't know better. It would help if there was a standard "EEUC, EUC, GUC, UC, etc." code on DS that everyone needed to follow. I've seen one posted on here occasionally but I think it needs to be listed at the top of thread for selling items so that everyone can see it. I'm more comfortable buying a diaper from someone who gives a detailed description since the EEUC code is subject to intepretation.

Nonetheless, I'm grateful to the kind mamas on DS who have accurately described their diapers and sold them to me on DS. Thanks Mamas !
neuro_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #33
bunnacula
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

try www.re-diaper.com
bunnacula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #34
rohirette
Registered Users
seller

You know...

Maybe if I was buying an entire stash at a time, saving 10-20% per diaper and overall saving $50+, taking the risk of misrepresented diapers might be worthwhile. Maybe. Or if I had some crazy special need for just one particular diaper, and had no choice.

But when people buy piecemeal (and they do!,) and multiple different types work, I don't really think it is worth the hassle. If I need to save that particular $2, I'll just get it from sewcraftybaby or Squishy Tushy used sections.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #35
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have only been disappointed once. And it was probably my fault for not asking the right questions. I do believe the mama purposely left out the details though. Frustrating...but I know what questions to ask now.

If it wasn't for BST...I wouldn't have started cloth. I got some GREAT deals in the beginning. Now I'm more picky...but I still wouldn't have the stash I have if it wasn't for good used deals.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #36
10Newtons
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Avacado View Post
Well on the plus side, I purchased from you and had a wonderful transaction and the diapers were awesome

Just on a lighter note

Thanks so much Mama! I try to be super accurate. I don't want anyone to be unhappy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender dragonfly View Post

Please don't give up on FSOT/spots. For alot of mamas, fsot/spots is how they are anle to make cding possible. There are lots of very honest mamas on DS, with a few crazies sprinkled in . Always ask for pics, lots of detailed ones. It helps a lot to buy from mamas who frequent EF, who you know baby their woolies/cd's. Always pay with pp, and don't be afraid to file a claim if the seller isn't making things right. Over the years I have become very picky who I buy from--- only have had one or two bad transactions, but they turned out ok in the end.
I have been selling for 10+ years...and had maybe 2-3 transactions in that entire time. It just seems that lately things have gone down hill....

I'll keep trying though, because if I can't sell, I can't buy!