Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Re: Coming home Clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny Bunny Baby View Post
I *might* use this set, but I am leaning towards a natural small things romper & bonnet set I am making for baby

Oh my gosh, I am in love with this set! I think you need to trade it to me

Advertisement

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #12
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobeano View Post
Oh my gosh, I am in love with this set! I think you need to trade it to me
Thanks....but I think it's staying here My sweet friend made it for me It is one of the few things in baby's stash I won't be making myself
Old 08-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny Bunny Baby View Post
Thanks....but I think it's staying here My sweet friend made it for me It is one of the few things in baby's stash I won't be making myself
I understand, I knew you wouldn't want to let go of it. I don't think I ever would, it would be one of those outfits I store away forever cause I just can't part with them

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #14
brookglen
Registered Users

Last pregnancy I brought two or three outfits in varying sizes because both of our mothers were all "You guys are going to have a huge baby!". We are pretty tall individuals. We also had almost zero newborn clothes.

Low and behold I give birth to a premie sized baby girl weighing in at a whopping 5 lbs 10oz. And she went home with sleeves and cuffs rolled up to the hilt. She's still a petite little thing to this day.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #15
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

brook-michael was 9lbs and still fit in newborn for the first week...and he was 22 inches. I think things are cuter when they fit better but it's such a hard investment for wearing once.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #16
gghmommy
Registered Users

My LO was only around 4.5 lbs when she came home, so I will probably bring her same preemie outfit, just in case! Who knows what size this kid may be if he/she goes full term, which is the hope! So, I may go through our NB and 0-3 stuff and find some either GN or one of each to have on hand. And I may make a GN blanket to go on the carseat, since all I have are pink blankets! Even though we didn't know what we were having, since she came almost 3 months early, spent 2 months in the hospital, we had plenty of time to acquire only girly stuff! Now the really important thing is not what is baby going to wear home, what am I going to wear home??
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #17
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Since we're having a homebirth too, our baby will have a first outfit, not a coming home outfit. I have this super adorable rainbow pajamas and I am knitting a hat and booties that should match well for baby if baby is a girl. If baby is a boy, I haven't chosen his first outfit yet. I will pick something after I've brought up the newborn clothes and see what I have.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #18
abhernandez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
Last pregnancy I brought two or three outfits in varying sizes because both of our mothers were all "You guys are going to have a huge baby!". We are pretty tall individuals. We also had almost zero newborn clothes.

Low and behold I give birth to a premie sized baby girl weighing in at a whopping 5 lbs 10oz. And she went home with sleeves and cuffs rolled up to the hilt. She's still a petite little thing to this day.

I think I'll do this... a couple of outfits in varying sizes. I have no idea what size baby will be. I'm petite, my husband is a bit above average. I was a huge baby. He was a small baby. Nothing makes sense. My mom is certain this baby will be big and a little bit early because hers were. And I don't care about the investment of buying something that will only be worn once or twice. This is baby number 1 and it took 12 months of ttc and 2 false starts to get here so you better believe this baby is wearing something adorable that fits perfectly and probably costs far too much.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #19
loveramongstars
Registered Users

This is my first (and possibly my last). I will be at a hospital or birth center. Once I find out what the gender is, I will go looking for the "perfect outfit". I know, sounds high maintenance. But it is my little one. It won't always be wearing the expensive clothes but I think one time won't be so bad, especially if it's honored.

Lover Among Stars, a blog about my journey as a single mom with my little one.
loveramongstars is offline   Reply With Quote