Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
xomimi
Registered Users

Re: Looking for WAHM ideas?

I'm an Independent Distributor for It Works! Global, and I can't tell you how much I love it. I'm a SAHM to my beautiful 10 month old daughter and as a Distributor for It Works, it gives us that extra money every month to go out on dates, to put in a savings account, to start a college fund. It really is such an incredible company to work for, and the products we sell are in such high demand that they're having trouble keeping them stocked! We're pretty much a recession-proof company!! :]

Advertisement

xomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #12
ayahnasha
Registered
seller

Great idea! Thanks i gotta start doing something! I need to get my hands on a sewing machine
ayahnasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #13
zeldamiller
Registered Users

Well, there are several things you can do to make an extra buck. Are you a good cook? If yes, you can start a culinary business selling home-cooked food to people. You can also start a daycare service if you have extra space in your house. How about writing? Many websites require unique and interesting content that you can write for them. Another option, which I think can eventually turn into a full-time home-based job, is medical billing and coding. Surf the Internet for more info on the profession and if you find it interesting, look for medical billing and coding training courses that you can complete online!

Last edited by zeldamiller; 08-25-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Link removed
zeldamiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #14
danielle1
Registered Users

I sell Mary Kay and it's great! Don't get caught up in a business like this unless it is a consumable product. I took time off to have a baby (I didn't work my business) and I still made money!! Plus with every sale you make, you get to keep 50% so there is no waiting! You can just message me here!
danielle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
borske
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomimi View Post
I'm an Independent Distributor for It Works! Global, and I can't tell you how much I love it. I'm a SAHM to my beautiful 10 month old daughter and as a Distributor for It Works, it gives us that extra money every month to go out on dates, to put in a savings account, to start a college fund. It really is such an incredible company to work for, and the products we sell are in such high demand that they're having trouble keeping them stocked! We're pretty much a recession-proof company!! :]
What does this entail? I'm looking for a way to make money while home with my 4 kids (2 in school) but don't want to really host parties like pampered chef and such.
Thanks!
borske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
momofafourth
Registered Users

I am also a distributor for It Works! the company is so amazing and I have been so blessed by them as well! It was a complete life saver for us a year ago when I started! I have a fantastic team that is growing and headed to the top! Seriously unlike any other "business" out there! Def look into it, cause it will change your life for the better!!!

Borske you aren't required to do parties....we aren't a party company, ie thats not how we make our money!
momofafourth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #17
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldamiller View Post
Well, there are several things you can do to make an extra buck. Are you a good cook? If yes, you can start a culinary business selling home-cooked food to people. You can also start a daycare service if you have extra space in your house. How about writing? Many websites require unique and interesting content that you can write for them. Another option, which I think can eventually turn into a full-time home-based job, is medical billing and coding. Surf the Internet for more info on the profession and if you find it interesting, look for medical billing and coding training courses that you can complete online!
this. I started writing for websites, and now I have several private clients and bring home about $1000-1200 a month. Not as much as I did when I WOH, but it's not that bad considering I work maybe 2-3 hours a day.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
this. I started writing for websites, and now I have several private clients and bring home about $1000-1200 a month. Not as much as I did when I WOH, but it's not that bad considering I work maybe 2-3 hours a day.
How did you get started doing this?
Old 12-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #19
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junipervt

How did you get started doing this?
Basically i started out writing for sites like textbroker.com, thecontentauthority.com and londonbrokers.com. They provide content for whoever needs it. The pay isnt super high but it can be a great intro to online article writing.

If you are more extroverted, you can also pitch ideas to magazines (both online and print). This pays waaaaay more, but can be tough to get into.

Another option (which i personally dont rec but cant hurt to mention)is bidding sites like elancer and guru. You bid for how mucg you will do the job for. You will be up against ppl willing to work for pennies. Sometimes you will come across a client who is actually more concerned about quality rather than who will do the work for little to nothing, but it seems to be rare. At least this is my experience. I have seen writers who get tons of money advertising themselves on these sites though

AFM, after content sites, i found a few private clients on digitalpoint.com. Its an online forum and there are places where ppl post that they are looking for content. I also advertise on craigslist. I have found some decent paying private clients way. Sometimes i get students asking me to write their paper, but for thr most part its not bad.

Now i mainly do business blogs as opposed to articles. I use my own website and blog(plus other blogs i write for ) as samples. My clients pay anywhere from $30-70 each post.

I know this is all over the place. I hope it makes sense and helps. Feel free to ask me anything else.

Last edited by corinne76; 12-01-2012 at 02:20 PM.
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #20
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Basically i started out writing for sites like textbroker.com, thecontentauthority.com and londonbrokers.com. They provide content for whoever needs it. The pay isnt super high but it can be a great intro to online article writing.

If you are more extroverted, you can also pitch ideas to magazines (both online and print). This pays waaaaay more, but can be tough to get into.

Another option (which i personally dont rec but cant hurt to mention)is bidding sites like elancer and guru. You bid for how mucg you will do the job for. You will be up against ppl willing to work for pennies. Sometimes you will come across a client who is actually more concerned about quality rather than who will do the work for little to nothing, but it seems to be rare. At least this is my experience. I have seen writers who get tons of money advertising themselves on these sites though

AFM, after content sites, i found a few private clients on digitalpoint.com. Its an online forum and there are places where ppl post that they are looking for content. I also advertise on craigslist. I have found some decent paying private clients way. Sometimes i get students asking me to write their paper, but for thr most part its not bad.

Now i mainly do business blogs as opposed to articles. I use my own website and blog(plus other blogs i write for ) as samples. My clients pay anywhere from $30-70 each post.

I know this is all over the place. I hope it makes sense and helps. Feel free to ask me anything else.
Thanks for answering so quickly! I've been a SAHM for the last 4+ yrs & we are realizing that I need to start working. It has been frustrating looking though b/c most jobs that I qualify for are not during times that I have free. I have 2 degrees & can write. I have a friend who writes papers for college students, but that just seems shady. I'll take a look at the sites that you mentioned & pm you if I have any questions.