Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #31
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What's the narrowest diaper WITH APLIX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrisp78 View Post
I think that it kinda makes a difference in what your insert is. When I use a flip insert they are wide and bulky in the crotch. When I use an alva baby 3layer bamboo insert in a pocket, it is crazy narrow hth. What insert did you use in the sun baby?
I have no inserts yet. I bought several different styles of pockets to try, not realizing I wouldn't get a good idea of fit w/out them!

Advertisement

SweetMamaKaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #32
loveReese2pieces
Registered Users
seller

Re: What's the narrowest INSERT for pockets?

So I'm wanting an update from OP!! What are you liking thus far? I'm about to order a whole bunch of "narrow" diapers to try. So far I have in various online carts: swaddlebees econappi, SB aio, SB simplex, babykicks premium pocket, osocozy aio, itti bitti d'lish snap in one, and a grovia aio even though I seriously haaaaattte snaps. I bought a bunch of used softbums locally from a mama and haven't been able to try them on my DD because I am on bedrest for the next two weeks and my mom has my DD So any suggestions on maybe which of these I can skip ordering? I keep trying to convince myself that side snaps will be much better and not as bulky on the hips of my skinny girl as the wings on my various pockets.
loveReese2pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #33
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What's the narrowest INSERT for pockets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveReese2pieces View Post
So I'm wanting an update from OP!! What are you liking thus far? I'm about to order a whole bunch of "narrow" diapers to try. So far I have in various online carts: swaddlebees econappi, SB aio, SB simplex, babykicks premium pocket, osocozy aio, itti bitti d'lish snap in one, and a grovia aio even though I seriously haaaaattte snaps. I bought a bunch of used softbums locally from a mama and haven't been able to try them on my DD because I am on bedrest for the next two weeks and my mom has my DD So any suggestions on maybe which of these I can skip ordering? I keep trying to convince myself that side snaps will be much better and not as bulky on the hips of my skinny girl as the wings on my various pockets.
We had a really busy week, and I had a few setbacks, so I can't give a good review yet. I discovered that the elastics on my grovia aio's are not just stretched out, but completely shot, so I'm in the process of replacing those. I had to order inserts for the knickernappies dipe - just got it but it's not prepped yet. Got a couple bottombumpers that need aplix sewn back on (hating myself for buying all these misfits, but I needed cheap! )

I just got a big box in the mail that I'm hoping is my softbums echos Excited, because I'm thinking it will be those or the bottombumpers that win. In the couple of times I tried to used the grovia's as a novice not realizing that they would leak (duh!), I'm not liking the snaps, and I won't be surprized if they move on to someone else in the future. I am giving them a shot though, because of one statement someone (can't remember who now) made - It's no worse than snapping a onesie. So we'll see. I also don't like how the one-size adjustments work, it seems to make a big bunchy spot that I don't know how to make any smoother against baby's leg. hmmm...

I can get my baby's knees to touch in the grovia, which is great! Love the trimness, just want to try my aplix options and see if they're that trim. Oh, and the knickernappies inserts are wider looking than I'd like, but I honestly haven't even taken the time to stuff and check fit. Maybe I should do that before I prep them, and resell if I don't like the fit. I wouldn't mind the bulk for night time, but they're snap, which is a night time no-no for me too.

Picky, picky, picky, I know! I'll keep you posted!
SweetMamaKaty is offline   Reply With Quote