Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #11
NappyKnitter
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best Cloth Overnight Dipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss squish View Post
We are using wool over MEOS or sandys with a hemp babies little weeds with a fleece liner. I fold the hemp so that there's 8 layers up front for ds and this works perfectly. He's 4 months but nurses frequently from 2 am on so he can pee. I have noticed that there's a huge difference in the wetness in the fitted when wool vs pul - with pul the fitted is very wet after 10-12 hours but with wool it breathes enough to allow evaporation so the fitted is much drier. The hemp is always wet.
I thought this wool business was silly until we switched. No red buns and no leaks.
This sounds good!

Advertisement

NappyKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
NappyKnitter
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamama28 View Post
My 7 month old is a really heavy wetter and a side sleeper.. She was peeing out of Huggies Overnight almost every night. I now put 3 Alva bamboo inserts inside of a flip cover and it holds her 11 hours with no leaks. I lay a stay dry fleece liner inside. I also use the "heavy wetter" hemp prefolds from Cloth Diapers Inc trifolded in a Flip cover with good success too. I would definitely stay away from pockets at night. They just don't offer good leak protection at night.
This sounds great!
NappyKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like BGOS with GMD prefolds (whichever suits your absorbency needs). At 21 months, my son started peeing out of everything overnight. Other than overnight huggies, the only thing that could hold him was a BGOS stuffed with a brown edge GMD prefold . It was bulky, but what nighttime diapers arent lol!