Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Grovia Mamas...

How's the fit of the snapping shells (not the aios) on a nb? DH never remembers to fasten h&l to laundry tabs so I've banished all h&l.
Any pics of the snapping shells on a nb?

Advertisement

Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Grovia Mamas...

They didn't work on my DS at all. He was born at 7lbs even, and still weren't fitting at 10lbs, so I sold my H&L shells. I have a snap shell, and it works nicely now at 14lbs.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:56 AM   #3
~marti26.
Registered Users

They work great on my son at 9 lbs, maybe sooner. I found that tne Grovia soaker does cause gapping at the leg when he wears snaps though. His legs are not chunky at all. That's fine because we mostly use flats anyway.
HTH.

Last edited by ~marti26.; 08-29-2012 at 08:48 AM.
~marti26. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was hoping to use my floursack flats (since I already have a TON of them) with the grovia shells instead of buying grovia soakers. DS was almost 9lbs at birth so I don't feel the need to buy a true nb stash for the next lo. I guess I'm really just trying to figure out if I should get H&L or snaps and how the fit is during the itty bitty stages.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do the snapping shells get wing droop? I notice there's no 2nd snap or hip snap to keep the tab stabilized, if that makes sense.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I definitely prefer the snap shells, and that's saying a lot because usually I'm an aplix girl I've never had any wing droop. Surprisingly, they seem to fit smaller and they also fit larger. My DS is about 37lbs and he is out of the aplix shells but can still fit comfortably into a snap shell (though he's PLing now)
Old 08-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
Goldcountry-cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Has anyone had issues with the rise for older babies? I have heard that babies grown out of the rise faster than the waste on Grovias. My son is 26 lbs 14 months and the snaps are still on the 3/4th in!
Goldcountry-cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #8
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcountry-cloth View Post
Has anyone had issues with the rise for older babies? I have heard that babies grown out of the rise faster than the waste on Grovias. My son is 26 lbs 14 months and the snaps are still on the 3/4th in!
It depends on the build of your child. At 2.5 years and 28 lbs (30 in tall) it fit DD1 best on the 2nd rise. She is short, but not what I would call chubby.

On DD2, we are in between the 2nd and biggest rise. She is 32 in and 20 lbs. She's so long and skinny, that if I put her on the biggest rise it gaps on her legs, but if I snap it down is seems tight. Based on her measurements she is exactly between the two rises, so I'm hoping when she grows a little they will fit right again.

I don't think DD2 will grow out before PLing. DD1 didn't.

As a comparison, DD2 fits the largest rise of an Oh Katy diaper perfect. I'm also going to try a Softbums Echo to see if that can fill in the gap til she grows some.

Last edited by mibarra; 08-29-2012 at 12:39 PM.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote