Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
RootedRedwood
Registered Users
seller

Wool Lovers- I have some questions!

Hello!

We are going through all the options for night-time for our heavy wetting stomach sleeping 6-mo old baby boy...

We have had some success with a few different combos (BG 4.0 double stuffed, Bummis Stretch-bamboozle fitted w/ extra insert under an assortment of different covers) but nothing so far has been bulletproof to his acrobatics at night (not even 12-hr sposies). The only thing we haven't tried so far is wool!

So, I have a few questions about wool. Does your babe still fit in his pjs with a wool diaper cover? Do you use longies for night? And if you use longies, what does your baby wear on top to stay warm? Maybe there is an obvious answer to this?

Also, are the upcycled wool soakers/longies just as good as the mainstream new ones like Disana or Kissaluvs?

Thanks for any input!!!

Advertisement

RootedRedwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
BabySnickerdoodles
Registered Users
Formerly: Generalsgirl08
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool Lovers- I have some questions!

Hi mama!
Well, we don't use PJ's over, just because in the summer it'd be too warm, and in the winter we just use longies, so in essence, the wool IS the pajamas
Usually my babies either sleep with no top, a t-shirt, or on cold nights I do a fleece pajama top (LOVE carters fleece shirts!)

If you want to go with trim, I would say that interlock is your best choice, but it is pricey.

If you are ok with upcycled, YES, there are many affordable options that are WAHM made, and GREAT quality! They may be a little more bulky than interlock, but I feel that the bullet-proof factor is most important for my kiddos and me.
Check out Etsy, for some ideas, or the WAHM wares here an DS Many WAHMs will custom make you covers (longies or soakers), for a great fit on baby!

Covers can range from around $15-$25, depending on the size and style, and also wool content, weight, and prints.

I would highly suggest you get something on the thicker side, and woolies, for wintertime, and perhaps thinner wool soakers (merino is wonderful!) for going underneath pajamas if you wish. For summer, shorties are WONDERFUL, and still have that "pajama" feel

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions, I'd love to answer them
Ready to Shop for Woolies? Check out Baby Snickerdoodles on Hyena Cart

Last edited by BabySnickerdoodles; 08-29-2012 at 11:26 AM.
BabySnickerdoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Darkfyre
Registered Users

Welcome to the fun world of wool! We love it! We don't do jammies in summer and just a t-shirt in cooler months. Most of my wool is upcycled. My favorite is Grateful Buns on etsy. Her soakers are bulletproof, especially the 'underwater' style that has 3 layers instead of 2. Her prices are very reasonable, $18-$22.
Darkfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In the summer, I just put the wool shorties or soaker over the diaper and leave it at that, and in the winter, since I dont own any longies, I still put the wool soaker over my diaper, and then put the PJ pants over the soaker, and just made sure nothign was bunching and the diaper underneath was all covered by wool.

Yes it does give them quite a fluffy butt, but pj pants are pretty stretchy.

I have found over time, I like my wool to come up about an inch higher in rise that the pj pants so there isnt a chance for wicking. I have never had an issue this way

Also, how big is your baby? I have some I have listed on FSOT if interested