Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

Trainer Recs

It's about time to start potty training my youngest. Which I'm honestly not too excited about. I think potty training is my least favorite parenting task so far! My oldest trained pretty easily, but I despise all the cleanup work And this time I'm in my 3rd trimester expecting a 3rd as well as running a home daycare. So I don't have a lot of time for messes, but I want him to be able to explore his interest and learn at his own speed.

SO - all that to say I need trainer recommendations. I would like something that is easy up and down (obviously!) but stays snug enough to stay up. I am thinking if the cover was all one piece (more like undies) that would be best, but open to suggestions. I do know that I need something with a fair amount of absorbency. I would also like the trainer to kind of work like a pocket diaper, instead of using a snap/velcro insert that just lays on top of the cover. I really only need trainers appropriate for daytime use right now, we are a long way from night training Ideas???

Advertisement

babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
jessnye
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trainer Recs

What's your budget? Superundies makes a pullup trainer without side snaps, or a side snapping trainer- I think they both have pockets? Happy Heinys, Snap-Ez, and BumWear all make waterproof (PUL outer) side snapping pocket trainers, and HH also makes one without side snaps. Antsy Pants and Grovia have stretchy sides, built-in absorbency, and pockets and are waterproof. We use Blueberries and EcoPosh at home and the new Best Bottoms when we need waterproof, because I think these 3 are the most like underwear. I know you said no snap-in inserts, but the Best Bottoms are the most like underwear while still being totally waterproof, and you can customize absorbency with different inserts. My light wetter does a full pee in one of the flannel-topped mf inserts, though, and the waterproofing works great, so I haven't needed the hemp inserts.
jessnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow thanks for all the suggestions mama! Now I know where to start looking!
babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

You might also like to look at Ladder Hill Designs Tinkle Time Trainers. There are a number of WAHMs who make them, and a few different options ... the pocket trainer with fleece sides sounds like it may be a good fit.
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

We've tried a few brands & I like the Flip trainers the best & the Grovia the least (they run small & didn't even cover both of ds's butt cheeks LOL & fell apart in under 2 weeks of buying them brand new). Many of the brands only come in smaller sizes & ds is over 40 lbs now & many don't make sizes to fit him. The Flips fit 30-50 lbs & we haven't had problems with them staying up, even as active as ds is. LOL

He can pull up & down the Flips on his own (he's using the potty some) & if you use 2 inserts at once, they hold enough for naps or overnights, even a heavy wetter but can still easily go up & down. Ds has slept in these many times with 2 inserts & no leaks. So you could use these with 1 insert during the day as a trainer & with 2 inserts at night as more of a diaper. The Flips have side snaps & come with 5 organic cotton inserts so you can swap them out to get more mileage for your money out of the trainer.

I'd been looking at the Antsy Pants since I see they have a big range of sizes. I'm curious to hear reviews on those.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote