Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Oh he is just now 11 weeks!

Bethany, married to the man that makes me smile . Stay at home mom and homeschooler to my three wild and crazy boys! Bryson 9yrs, my comedian Noah, 4yrs and new booby man, Sonny, 8 months . Living our beautiful but crazy free- range, natural hippie lifestyle!)
bmacnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
yup, don't worry. they reach points where they absorb almost all the nutrients and don't need to poop very often!
Erica, wife to Joey my HS sweetheart, Mommy to Jaybee '06, Princess '09, and my Little Sweetie '11 and My Peanut
Ebeuchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #13
Poet Laureate
My ds did that! He went from pooping every other day like clockwork, to going 14!! Days without pooping, then he would poop ALL DAY. and suddenly that was his new schedule, until he started solids. I'm sure your little one is fine mama!

Ds is now a happy, healthy growing 9 month old. should see what my posts look like BEFORE auto correct.

Last edited by theonenonlymrssmith; 08-29-2012 at 09:34 AM.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
All of my 4 have done this. The longest we went was 11 days
They just get more efficient and breast milk has very little waste.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #15
My Mood:
Re: EBF 3 month old all of the sudden not pooping !?!

I had to take DD2 in to the hospital because she was constipated at 4 days old - she'd refused the breast and I'd had to give her formula and she was screaming and crying and passing hard stool. While I was in there, the pediatrician on call and I had a long talk about what is and isn't normal for breastfed babies and poop. Some EBF babies poop several times a day, some EBF babies go a week, even 2 before going, and it's not at all unusual for the same baby to go from one extreme to the other during different points in their development. So long as they're not straining unduely, passing hard stools, distended in the belly etc, it's not actually constipation. Once DD2 got the bad stool out of her system and went back to EBF, she went for several weeks where she would only poop about once every 7-10 days, and now she poops at least once a day. Just be warned that when she does go, you're probably in for a blow out! When DD2 finally voided her bowels after 10 days it was enough to paint her nursery
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote