Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
redheadinlove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you bedshare and nurse to sleep I have questions!

About not rolling over on your baby, I also don't sleep with her if I'm TOTALLY wiped out. We had about 2 nights where I woke up to my fiance telling me the baby wasn't where she was supposed to be (I don't remember the exact circumstance, but it wasn't a safe situation) and it was because I was so knocked out that I wasn't aware of her anymore. But when I know I'm going to be that tired, I just put her in the cosleeper next to the bed =) Otherwise she sleeps on my arm and I even roll over to my other side IN my sleep without a hiccup. (I put my arms around her, lay her on my chest as we're rolling and then she settles back on my other arm)

My baby is only 4 months so I don't have a night ween answer but I really really love keen1981's answer but only because it struck a cord with me and it just feels like it'll be right for our family.

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #12
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton View Post
Well we are still nursing, bedsharing and nursing back to sleep so I havent gone through any night weaning w/my dd.

I am in the "child led weaning camp" so I have no idea how or when she will night wean.

She goes through phases but on average she wakes up two to three times a night to nurse once we are all asleep.
Nursing isnt just for hunger, it's for comfort so I dont think she is nursing for hunger but because it's comforting and soothing.

It's so automatic for me, I dont love having to slightly wake up but it is what it is.
this. the only time I night wean is when I am pregnant and it's well into toddlerhood usually. When that happens, I tell them we will nurse as soon as it's morning. And then I tell them I can hold them or pat their back and it takes a few days and then it's fine
Old 08-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #13
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

I just get comfortable and nurse. My lo is 13mo and nurses all night (I don't think she unlatches once). I personally don't mind.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I let them wean themselves. ds2 weaned himself a few days after his 2nd birthday and started STTN at the same time.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote