Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #21
mommieofpees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just annoyed and frustrated re: potty training

Put him in underwear and regular clothes, you will still need to initate potty trips every thiry mins or so still though. If he has an accident he will have the wet sensation, and his clothes will be wet. after he has a few accidents and relizes he doesnt like the feeling he will want to use the potty more. You have to stick with it too though, you cant go back and fourth. Everytime he has an accident tell him how you dont go peepee on the floor only in the potty and repeat it a lot.everytime he does go in the potty make it as big as the second coming of Christ. If he wants have him call and tell someone he did it. Just got done pt my 2 yr old so everything is still fresh. Pm me if you have any other questions=)

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #22
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieofpees View Post
Put him in underwear and regular clothes, you will still need to initate potty trips every thiry mins or so still though. If he has an accident he will have the wet sensation, and his clothes will be wet. after he has a few accidents and realizes he doesnt like the feeling he will want to use the potty more.
And when he DOESN'T realize that he dislikes the wet feeling? What then? Back when we were in cloth diapers, he was in coverless prefolds at home, so he DEFINITELY had the wet feeling, and didn't care then, and I highly doubt he'll care now.

Actually, I'm 100% sure he won't care about a wet sensation now. Whenever we go to church, he likes to get a drink at the water fountain, but the angle is such that quite a bit dribbles down his chin and the entire front of his shirt is soaked. He doesn't care about THAT and just goes on with his day, and THAT is cold water, so why would a little bit of warm pee bother him?
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!

Last edited by Harmony96; 08-30-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #23
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

He's in diapers today, and I'm not putting him on the potty anymore today. I'll just change him when he's wet. I'm lowering my expectations of him. He's not going to be trained before this baby comes. Yeah, I definitely have THAT right, since I'm not doing anything to help now. My kids don't "train themselves." They need some direction. I'm not able to give them the apparent level of needed intensity of direction, so they don't make any progress, then I get frustrated, then I give up. Lather, rinse, repeat. :/

Last edited by Harmony96; 08-30-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #24
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96
He's in diapers today, and I'm not putting him on the potty anymore today. I'll just change him when he's wet. I'm lowering my expectations of him. He's not going to be trained before this baby comes. Yeah, I definitely have THAT right, since I'm not doing anything to help now. My kids don't "train themselves." They need some direction. I'm not able to give them the apparent level of needed intensity of direction, so they don't make any progress, then I get frustrated, then I give up. Lather, rinse, repeat. :/
It's not your fault :/. My DD is the same way no matter what I do. She doesn't care about being wet or sitting in poop either.
They have to want to do it and until the desire is there they won't.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria View Post
It's not your fault :/. My DD is the same way no matter what I do. She doesn't care about being wet or sitting in poop either.
They have to want to do it and until the desire is there they won't.
Thanks for commiserating.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #26
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay, the potty training forum is now a subforum of Parenting.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #27
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96
Yay, the potty training forum is now a subforum of Parenting.
Hooray!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #28
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Andrea, I am there with you. I feel like we have been potty training forever and they still don't get it.
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:49 AM   #29
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't read all the responses so here is my take

After fighting, batteling, bribing, for over a year with DS to potty train him, since I listened to everyone else that said he is 2 he needs to be potty trained I refused to do it the 2nd time.

DS2 was in diapers until he was ready. About a month before he turned 3 i started asking sometime he said yes and went other times he didn't. No big deal. Couple weeks before turning 3 we did naked time at home. He did great. Still diapers for daycare/out and about. then after about a month I tried underware and he has had maybe 2 accidents.

It was a much better situation for everyone involved.

I really don't care that he was 3. I refuse to basically potty train myself so take him tot he potty every X amout of time so he doesn't have an accident. That is just stupid IMO. I also firmly believe in not forcing the issue on a child. They will potty train when they are ready. No amount of force, bribery, threats, ect will change that.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #30
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa
I haven't read all the responses so here is my take

After fighting, batteling, bribing, for over a year with DS to potty train him, since I listened to everyone else that said he is 2 he needs to be potty trained I refused to do it the 2nd time.

DS2 was in diapers until he was ready. About a month before he turned 3 i started asking sometime he said yes and went other times he didn't. No big deal. Couple weeks before turning 3 we did naked time at home. He did great. Still diapers for daycare/out and about. then after about a month I tried underware and he has had maybe 2 accidents.

It was a much better situation for everyone involved.

I really don't care that he was 3. I refuse to basically potty train myself so take him tot he potty every X amout of time so he doesn't have an accident. That is just stupid IMO. I also firmly believe in not forcing the issue on a child. They will potty train when they are ready. No amount of force, bribery, threats, ect will change that.
Exactly!!! My ds was almost 3 (and I was pg with ds2) and one day he just got it!! He had maybe 3 accidents after he trained. It wasn't stressful at all!

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote