Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #21
mommieofpees's Avatar
mommieofpees
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 1,271
My Mood:
Re: Just annoyed and frustrated re: potty training

Put him in underwear and regular clothes, you will still need to initate potty trips every thiry mins or so still though. If he has an accident he will have the wet sensation, and his clothes will be wet. after he has a few accidents and relizes he doesnt like the feeling he will want to use the potty more. You have to stick with it too though, you cant go back and fourth. Everytime he has an accident tell him how you dont go peepee on the floor only in the potty and repeat it a lot.everytime he does go in the potty make it as big as the second coming of Christ. If he wants have him call and tell someone he did it. Just got done pt my 2 yr old so everything is still fresh. Pm me if you have any other questions=)

Advertisement

__________________
Megan, Other half to D,mommy toD J
E
mommieofpees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #22
Harmony96's Avatar
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,259
My Mood:
Re: Just annoyed and frustrated re: potty training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieofpees View Post
Put him in underwear and regular clothes, you will still need to initate potty trips every thiry mins or so still though. If he has an accident he will have the wet sensation, and his clothes will be wet. after he has a few accidents and realizes he doesnt like the feeling he will want to use the potty more.
And when he DOESN'T realize that he dislikes the wet feeling? What then? Back when we were in cloth diapers, he was in coverless prefolds at home, so he DEFINITELY had the wet feeling, and didn't care then, and I highly doubt he'll care now.

Actually, I'm 100% sure he won't care about a wet sensation now. Whenever we go to church, he likes to get a drink at the water fountain, but the angle is such that quite a bit dribbles down his chin and the entire front of his shirt is soaked. He doesn't care about THAT and just goes on with his day, and THAT is cold water, so why would a little bit of warm pee bother him?
__________________
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and G
I'm a Shaklee distributor! Click here for natural home and body care!
PM me for information on our 180 complete weight loss system! Samples available soon!
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!

Last edited by Harmony96; 08-30-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #23
Harmony96's Avatar
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,259
My Mood:
Re: Just annoyed and frustrated re: potty training

He's in diapers today, and I'm not putting him on the potty anymore today. I'll just change him when he's wet. I'm lowering my expectations of him. He's not going to be trained before this baby comes. Yeah, I definitely have THAT right, since I'm not doing anything to help now. My kids don't "train themselves." They need some direction. I'm not able to give them the apparent level of needed intensity of direction, so they don't make any progress, then I get frustrated, then I give up. Lather, rinse, repeat. :/
__________________
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and G
I'm a Shaklee distributor! Click here for natural home and body care!
PM me for information on our 180 complete weight loss system! Samples available soon!
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!

Last edited by Harmony96; 08-30-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #24
EuphoricDysphoria's Avatar
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,080
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96
He's in diapers today, and I'm not putting him on the potty anymore today. I'll just change him when he's wet. I'm lowering my expectations of him. He's not going to be trained before this baby comes. Yeah, I definitely have THAT right, since I'm not doing anything to help now. My kids don't "train themselves." They need some direction. I'm not able to give them the apparent level of needed intensity of direction, so they don't make any progress, then I get frustrated, then I give up. Lather, rinse, repeat. :/
It's not your fault :/. My DD is the same way no matter what I do. She doesn't care about being wet or sitting in poop either.
They have to want to do it and until the desire is there they won't.
__________________
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -- Ambrose Redmoon
EuphoricDysphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
Harmony96's Avatar
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,259
My Mood:
Re: Just annoyed and frustrated re: potty training

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria View Post
It's not your fault :/. My DD is the same way no matter what I do. She doesn't care about being wet or sitting in poop either.
They have to want to do it and until the desire is there they won't.
Thanks for commiserating.
__________________
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and G
I'm a Shaklee distributor! Click here for natural home and body care!
PM me for information on our 180 complete weight loss system! Samples available soon!
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #26
Harmony96's Avatar
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 24,259
My Mood:
Re: Just annoyed and frustrated re: potty training

Yay, the potty training forum is now a subforum of Parenting.
__________________
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and G
I'm a Shaklee distributor! Click here for natural home and body care!
PM me for information on our 180 complete weight loss system! Samples available soon!
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #27
luvsviola's Avatar
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 17,103
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96
Yay, the potty training forum is now a subforum of Parenting.
Hooray!
__________________
Kristen
Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #28
kristinc's Avatar
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: IL:-)
Posts: 7,714
My Mood:
Re: Just annoyed and frustrated re: potty training

Andrea, I am there with you. I feel like we have been potty training forever and they still don't get it.
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:49 AM   #29
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: small town USA
Posts: 5,419
My Mood:
Re: Just annoyed and frustrated re: potty training

I haven't read all the responses so here is my take

After fighting, batteling, bribing, for over a year with DS to potty train him, since I listened to everyone else that said he is 2 he needs to be potty trained I refused to do it the 2nd time.

DS2 was in diapers until he was ready. About a month before he turned 3 i started asking sometime he said yes and went other times he didn't. No big deal. Couple weeks before turning 3 we did naked time at home. He did great. Still diapers for daycare/out and about. then after about a month I tried underware and he has had maybe 2 accidents.

It was a much better situation for everyone involved.

I really don't care that he was 3. I refuse to basically potty train myself so take him tot he potty every X amout of time so he doesn't have an accident. That is just stupid IMO. I also firmly believe in not forcing the issue on a child. They will potty train when they are ready. No amount of force, bribery, threats, ect will change that.
__________________
wife and mom-- no other special labels. Just trying to do the best I can.
Nerissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #30
Holly dolly's Avatar
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,001
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa
I haven't read all the responses so here is my take

After fighting, batteling, bribing, for over a year with DS to potty train him, since I listened to everyone else that said he is 2 he needs to be potty trained I refused to do it the 2nd time.

DS2 was in diapers until he was ready. About a month before he turned 3 i started asking sometime he said yes and went other times he didn't. No big deal. Couple weeks before turning 3 we did naked time at home. He did great. Still diapers for daycare/out and about. then after about a month I tried underware and he has had maybe 2 accidents.

It was a much better situation for everyone involved.

I really don't care that he was 3. I refuse to basically potty train myself so take him tot he potty every X amout of time so he doesn't have an accident. That is just stupid IMO. I also firmly believe in not forcing the issue on a child. They will potty train when they are ready. No amount of force, bribery, threats, ect will change that.
Exactly!!! My ds was almost 3 (and I was pg with ds2) and one day he just got it!! He had maybe 3 accidents after he trained. It wasn't stressful at all!
__________________

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.