Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
bruenderbaby
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: August 27 weekly chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemianxchaos View Post
All of our August babies are stubborn wanna-be September babies! My two previous pregnancies were 38 weekers, so to be on 40 and 5 today is BLOWING my mind. My mom just reminded me though that I was born late, too, and I was her third (but 6th pregnancy).

Dear babies: COME OUT.
It is nice to know I am not the only one! The worst part of having the first two "early" is now EVERYONE is asking if the baby is here yet. Plus, hubby keeps calling everyday from work to see if there's anything new. No pressure!

My mom leaves Friday and if the baby doesn't ccome before then, she most likely won't see him or her (in person) until next summer. I am getting depressed, and not sleeping at all. I need this little bugger to come out! A To To list is a good idea, help keep my mind off all the contractions that might be labor, but aren't.

Happy thoughts to all of you uncomfortable and waiting!

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #12
1healthylady
Registered Users

I'm headed out to JoAnn's and Walgreens. JoAnn's for fabric for the valance in the nursery, Walgreens to check my blood pressure. it was a bit high at my appointment Monday, and I've just felt kinda off all day. Hoping it's nothing, but I gotta check. I think I'll pick up some EPO while I'm there too.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #13
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Hoping you ladies that are awaiting your babies get to meet them soon!
Thought id share what I did today... Went for first outing since babe born, and got to store and got out, kinda hobbled from parking lot to sidewalk into store, but as I was walking on sidewalk, car driving by stopped and said "miss, your skirt"..
YEAH, I had a skirt on and it was totally in my underwear.
To make it more akward, i of course had a monster pad on, so I wonder how that looked...
Oh well, whatta ya gonna do.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #14
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks girls! Maybe it's something to do with the 5th baby??
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7arrows4God View Post
DDC, I am due OCt. 1st.
Myall4Him2, my 5th pregnancy was over as well, and my 1st 4 were not. Actually 3 of the 1st 4 were early. So when my 5th came and she was 11 days late. It was hard as I had family very much bugging me. Made for a lot of stress, especially since we were planning a uc homebirth and they did not know but probably suspected. And they lived right next door. So my thoughts are with you.
I love LOVE your s/n!

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #15
1healthylady
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4 View Post
Hoping you ladies that are awaiting your babies get to meet them soon!
Thought id share what I did today... Went for first outing since babe born, and got to store and got out, kinda hobbled from parking lot to sidewalk into store, but as I was walking on sidewalk, car driving by stopped and said "miss, your skirt"..
YEAH, I had a skirt on and it was totally in my underwear.
To make it more akward, i of course had a monster pad on, so I wonder how that looked...
Oh well, whatta ya gonna do.
That stinks!! At least they let you know so you didn't continue into the store like that.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #16
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruenderbaby View Post
My mom leaves Friday and if the baby doesn't ccome before then, she most likely won't see him or her (in person) until next summer. I am getting depressed, and not sleeping at all. I need this little bugger to come out! A To To list is a good idea, help keep my mind off all the contractions that might be labor, but aren't.

Happy thoughts to all of you uncomfortable and waiting!
My dad had traveled from FL to MI to meet my 2nd babe. It ended up that Trey didn't come until the day he was driving back to fl. But at least my dad got to see him for a few minutes before he had to leave, I wasn't expecting to go 5 days over. With baby #3 my dad probably wont get to see him till next year.

Oh... and go Seminoles and Wolverines! Sorry Gator lovers I lived in Panama city too long and am now married to a U of M lover. But Gators stadium is really nice. I got to march on their field once for band during my highschool playoffs. Go Rams! (Rutherford)
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #17
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mu bff is leaving tomorrow. This baby outcooked her 3 week stay. Argh.

'Smartphone' approved
Old 08-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #18
thekuan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Today is the EDD. Not holding my breath but...

I've been timing contractions for nearly an hour now, and they're just over 30 seconds each and between 5 and 7 minutes apart. They hurt low and all the way around through my pelvis and back. But not to where I can't talk through them yet.

I know it could be a fluke, and I might just be having a rough night, but it kind of gets my hopes up! I'll keep you posted.
thekuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2 View Post
Thanks girls! Maybe it's something to do with the 5th baby??

I love LOVE your s/n!

You may be on to something there. My first four all came early, our fifth came 6 days over her due date. hang in there. The baby will come
Old 08-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #20
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

chach- i'm sorry but that is hilarious!!! seriously! you poor thing!

myall4him- you look stinkin' good in your avi! Don't you love the sweet belly? i already miss mine, though i think it's just because i never plan on having another big belly... i wasn't so in love with it 3.5 weeks ago, now was i?

i'm going to pray for all the babies tonight. i'm still shocked mine came so early. my mom will be here in one week- i thought sh'ed be meeting a 2 or max 3 week old, but intead ivy will be 5 weeks almost!

although i don't think i have ppd- and i think the placenta pills are REALLY helping- i'm just dragging over things i need to do, not interested in them at all: thank you notes, making dinner, finishing unpacking boxes....

my best advice to those still waiting is COOK UP A STORM!!! i never managed to get my meals cooked and frozen what with the moving in and all. and i regret it mucho.

ok, i gotta go to sleep.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote