Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #21
LilandVivsMom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizxvx
I'd list the other comments we've gotten about me being vegan and us raising a vegan baby, but some of the things that people have said were way out of line and semi-heartbreaking.
I was veg when I had dd1, who is 9yo now, and raised her as veg for about 5 years. I got so much flack from everyone around us and would cry thinking how harshly they were judging me as a parent. Fortunately her ped was all for our lifestyle and that made it easier for me to stop from second guessing my choices.
Stay strong and don't let anyone push their beliefs on you!

Advertisement

LilandVivsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #22
Kap7270
Registered Users

Re: Annoying comments?

My favorite comments with my first pregnancy were when I was about 41 weeks pregnant (ds didn't come until evicted at 42). People would ask when I was due and their eyes got huge when I said last week. Like I was going to shoot out the baby any second and they were going to have to catch. What was I supposed to do - hide at home?
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #23
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Bump

I got one yesterday. I was 17+5, and a lady in her 50s or 60s said that her daughter was 31 weeks along but about as big as I am. Um, gee, thanks.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #24
SassyMomma27
Registered Users

My Mood:

ohhh im loving the great comment from the same people for three months now
"ohhh hahahaha ur waddlin tht so funny"
finally i reply " ohhh hahaha really i didnt notice the past two months u said that
they havent said anything since
SassyMomma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #25
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

LOL these are making me laugh so hard! I mean seriously, you would NEVER think of saying this stuff to people who are not pregnant, why say it now?????

I get a lot of, "wow, you sure have your hands full!" and of course the all time favorite "HOW many more weeks do you have left (staring at my belly like it's going to swallow them alive)"

I was pregnant at a wedding reception a couple years ago and about 6 months along. We were in the buffet line when the lady in front of me turned just far enough to see me and then BACKED AWAY from me asking "wow, when are you due?" Don't worry sweetheart, I'm not going to pop this baby out on your plate.

Since this is #3 I've pretty much gotten used to what people say. I also now know that since I'm not that tall and don't have a long torso, the only place for this baby to go is OUT, so I always look bigger than others. Fine by me, it gets the baby here! The only comment that really still gets under my skin is the gender comments. This is going to be our 3rd boy. So people will say, "oh...another boy huh...are you going to try for a girl next time?" Or some people in my family have actually expressed how upset they were that this will not be a girl. It's a beautiful new baby, a new life, and I happen to think that my other two boys are pretty awesome, I have no doubts that this one will be as well. I'm thrilled to be welcoming our 3rd boy and I could care less if I ever do have a girl! Keep those comments to yourself!
babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #26
Salsa
Registered Users

My brother asked me if I've been drinking too much beer! He was joking of course!
Salsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #27
SassyMomma27
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh and once people found out we were cloth diaper, those comments started coming in! "I'm going to start placing bets on how soon you ditch that idea.", "Um, you know they make disposables for a reason", and my favorite one is "How is that eco-friendly if you are wasting all that electricity and water."

yeah hear you mama once i brought this up to my plt sgt (was in the army on terminal leave now) he was like ohhh hahah did ya hear tht cloth diapers and the rest chimed in laughing i said sry gpa but its moderized since 1965 so dont laugh at me
SassyMomma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #28
redlichen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymakes3.4.5.... View Post
LOL
Since this is #3 I've pretty much gotten used to what people say. I also now know that since I'm not that tall and don't have a long torso, the only place for this baby to go is OUT, so I always look bigger than others. Fine by me, it gets the baby here! The only comment that really still gets under my skin is the gender comments. This is going to be our 3rd boy. So people will say, "oh...another boy huh...are you going to try for a girl next time?" Or some people in my family have actually expressed hoa girl. It's a beautiful new baby, a new life, and I happen to think that my other two boys are pretty awesome, I have no doubts that this one will be as well. I'm thrilled to be welcoming our 3rd boy and I could care less if I ever do have a girl! Keep those comments to yourself!
I have a girl (4) and then had a mc, now I am 30 weeks w/ a girl. My mil emailed me "well bummer" when she learned it was a girl.

Ps I think I prevented over 3000 diapers from going in the trash due to using cloth & early potty training
redlichen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #29
skankinladybug
Registered Users
seller

"I hope you get your tubes tied after this one" from dear Mom. This is our #4.
skankinladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #30
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I was about 5 months pregnant I had one patient asked me if I was about "two months along" (Yeah, cause usually you can tell when a woman is two months pregnant!) That same week I had another patient ask me if I was pregnant with twins "Cause you've gotten so big so fast!"

And then there was the "barely an acquaintance" who knew I was pregnant, who patted my belly when I was about 8 weeks along to admire my "baby bump". I pointed out that at that point the baby was tiny and it was strictly a "mommy bump". Please quit touching my fat!

It just goes to show that people have no clue how big you're "supposed to be" or how much variation there is anyway.

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote