Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Should I sell them off?

DS is 90% potty trained. He wears a diaper at night time and for that we use sposies. At daycare he wears one at nap and 1/2 the time it's dry so I've been sending sposies there too. So he's really not using any cloth. It's been 4 weeks of this. For the most part he goes to the toilet. If he's playing and I lose track of time he might have a pee accident. Poo though - ugh. Poo he does in his pants every single day. I cannot for the life of me get him to poo in the toilet or potty. But it's not like he goes at the same time every day and I can put a diaper for that anyway.

I sold a good portion of my stash recently. I kept 6 os aplix pockets and my 6 Large RSD side snap diapers. I kept all my flip organic and thirsties prefolds and a couple of covers. I have a friend asking me if I have any more pockets to sell. I could really use the money. I should sell right? Why is it so hard to let go of diapers?!

We aren't planning on having any more babies right now. Maybe in the future but not anytime soon...

Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Should I sell them off?

I say, "sell...sell...sell"
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
risata
Registered Users
seller

Yep, I'd sell. Especially if he's already wearing disposables anyway. I'll bet he gets the poop part down soon, and then you'll be done.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
shan1212
Registered Users
seller

Well, I know how hard it will be for me to sell my stash when we're done, so I can't comment on that part, but I just wanted to say that we were just in the same position with our toddler. She was pee trained, even overnight, but poop was almost always an accident. Only if we knew she was going to poop and had her naked and near the potty would she do it. So finally after three months we did a few naked "stick close to home" days, and she gained some confidence going on her little potty, and then after a week of that she went on the regular toilet too. I don't know how your son reacts to naked training but maybe give it a try? It wasn't too terrible for me because I'm washing my 5 month old's diapers anyway, so I could just throw the underwear in with them, but I was starting to think she was never going to get it!

Good luck!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
smilewithme
Registered
seller
seller

I think it's been long enough to let them go. It's sad though, I imagine.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

He has had a few poo successes finally!
Either from catching him about to push or from realizing he hasn't pood all day and stripping him half naked and putting him on the potty in front of a movie. He had accidents today but I think we'll get there eventually. I am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel!

I haven't heard back from my friend about the ones she may want but I think I will be selling sooner than later.

The only thing I am unsure about is the flip organic inserts and thirsties hemp prefolds. Can't decide if I want to sell those or find another use of them. I don't know that there would be much demand for them locally and shipping them probably wouldn't make it worth selling them on here.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
vchambers
Registered Users
seller

Congrats on the successes! The nice thing about the inserts and prefolds is that there's no elastic, so they'll keep if you want to pack them away for future babies!
vchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
ahess529
Registered Users
seller
seller

My son was day trained for pee but didn't get the poo concept until he turned 3. It was like that month it just clicked! He is 4.5 and we still have some accidents at night though so we wear something to bed.
ahess529 is offline   Reply With Quote